Reconcilation

Alaina's POV

As soon as I had recuperated Brad had told me about what Nina had said about me when he had called her.It was hard swallowing the truth.They were my only family after Brads family.I finally took strength to call them.

"Nina ,its Alaina",i said after hearing her voice.

"Why have you called us?",she asked very rudely.

"Nina please don't do this to me.I have been through a lot .Please give me a chance to explain it.",i pleaded.

"Why did you do this Alaina?You could have at least told me about it.We could have talked you out of it.I would never forgive myself for this the entire lifetime.",she said crying.

"You think it was easy for me.I couldn't let anything happen to  your son.He's like a son to me .I couldn't give up till I tried everything.  Nina tell me could you live with yourself knowing you couldn't save him when you had a chance and you didn't take it because of your idea of principles."

"Alaina when mom died I just was not a mother to my son but you also.You were my responsibility too.I had promised mom and after dad did his best raising us ,I didn't want to make him feel inadequate."

"You did your best Nina. You cant blame yourself for the decisions I took.I love your son and I will do this again and again if I have to.",I too started crying.

"So,how's Brad treating you.",she said getting back to jovial teasing mood.

"You will love him.He's very charming and a gentleman and we have learnt to love each other in the process.He saved me so many times like my own knight.",i said with tears in my eyes thinking about my knight.

"Then bring him home for Sunday lunch.We will judge him for ourselves .",she said laughing.

"We as in?"

She started stuttering,"my son ,dad ,me and George".

"Who's George?"

"Ummm...Al...he's this guy i have been seeing.",she said lowly.

"Oh my god wow Nina.I am so happy for you.",i said excitedly.

"Yeah and i am happy for you too.You have got the complete package.congrats!",she said giggling.

Finally we had made up and everything was like a fairy tale now.