breaking the ice

Authors note

As you all guys requested ,Brads POV is back but only for this chapter so things will go a little different than planned but I hope you guys enjoy.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Brad's POV

I was fuming by the time I had banged the door of the suite after Alaina had banged the door on my face.I picked up my pace and went to the reception to get a key for another room.I wouldn't mind if it was even a normal room.I just wanted to get away from Alaina for the trip ,to keep my sanity.

When I reached the reception,as i was going to ask for a key,I was stopped by an man of 30 yrs old,"Mr. Carter?What are you doing at this time.Shouldn't you be with your wife?".I was surprised when this unexpected man knew my name and his guts to ask me what i was doing in my own hotel at any time.But I was stopped  luckily,when he said,"Oh,sorry! Allow me,I am Sam Wilson,the martial board counselling member sent by the board.My partner is busy getting me a drink,who's also come to review  you all.I saw you so I thought I would say hello.",he said with a fake smile.I immediately knew he was looking for a bucket of gold which he would get after this trip by declaring our marriage fake with legit proof to the board,media and the paparazzi.I smiled back and said,"Not a  problem at all.I was just asking the receptionist to send our meal up and a wine bottle and to arrange a car for us tomorrow.Alaina and I are going to sight-seeing tomorrow.",I said with a good polite face.

"well it didn't look like that.",he said lowly.

"Now,if you excuse me .I have to go to the room.My wife doesn't like waiting for me.Please feel free to enjoy here.".I told him.

"Take good care of Mr.Wilson.See to it that he gets everything he asks.", i said to the receptionist.Meaning:he better not feel the need to come out of his room for anything.Give him everything to his room.

"Yes,sir.",the receptionist said nodding.

I went to the elevator and reached my room.I cant even go to the bar with the spy Wilson on my back.Bastard.I guess I will have to make do with the drinks in my room.Not that it was anything wrong with it but probably Ms-I want to know everything will have a problem with that not that i care as she's the reason for it.

I pulled the chair and started with my bottle of rum  drinking from the bottle directly.I went to the balcony overlooking the kids park ,not caring about any courtesy .

Seriously what was Alaina's problem.I had asked her for dinner thinking that she may be hungry and alone and she would like to get out.I wont lie that i did this to even rub off the suspicion of that bastard,Wilson.I fell asleep on the couch with the bottle in my arms.

I woke up to the smell of bacon wafting through the air.I forgot to even eat the food which the hotel dropped in yesterday while I was sleeping.I didn't worry about them seeing me in this condition as they all had signed a non confidentiality agreement.The food was lying cold on the table along with a bottle of wine.

I woke up and saw Alaina sitting in the balcony of the suite sipping tea as she hates coffee.I saw my plate with eggs ,bacon,toast  and a cup of coffee brewing hot.It looks like she had made it considering the utensils lying dirty in the sink.I was surprised.After last night I thought ,the only thing she would be ready to give me would be rat -poison.Maybe she poisoned it.You never know what women think and they clearly take more time to forgive .But Alaina was different.She takes her revenge her way which doesn't include killing or hurting people but kicking them in the groin etc:

I took my plate and cup and went to sit beside her in the balcony.She looked like she had taken a bath.Her hair was dripping wet.Her skin looked fresh and glowing and she had worn a summer white and blue dress with flowers looking pretty surprisingly.If it was any other girl ,they would have probably been sitting caked with 7 layers of makeup and very strong perfume to make me jump off the cliff to just get away from it and wear a Chanel gown clearly meant for party and would have sat with some vile vegetable juice but not her.She was smelling like rose and oranges,a strange but surprisingly mild and a good mixture of smell.She had already eaten which you could see from her plate and it was not a tiny amount.I hate women who  hate food or look at it like its the worst creation of god.Seriously there are many people who don't get to eat food at all even once in a day and die because of it and here you are wasting it and disrespecting clearly the people and god for who's given you a chance to feed and look after yourself.I get it that people want to get a good figure but you can get it by even exercising.No need to do a faint drama.

she  didn't even bother looking at me.She continued sipping her tea,sitting with legs crossed on a chair next to me overlooking the Dublin castle.I decided to give her a few minutes before deciding to start a conversation.I decided to cough loudly in case she really wasn't aware of my presence.She didn't react.OK.I should actually wait for sometime before talking to her.In case she throws the cup of  coffee at me which she can do,considering she threw the wine at me the first time she me.I laughed at that memory.It seemed so far away. Alaina looked at me after hearing my laugh giving me a strange look.She's really feisty.I liked that thing about her or else the marriage would be more boring.

After finishing my breakfast.I said,"Thanks for the breakfast.it was really good.",she didn't even look at me.It hurt a little bit.Was she still mad at me?

"So...?Do you want to see Dublin?",i asked her softly.No response not even an eye twitch.

"I heard there's a good shopping mall here with all branded shops and jewellery store.You can take my card and shop Don-",the look she gave me scared me and I stopped mid-sentence.

OK,she hates shopping or someone offering to give her money.She hates owing to people.Point noted.

"We can go to the Irish restaurant ,the nobles ,if you like.",i told her using my tone which i use with people whom i want to charm to get my work done but unlike them ,it didn't work on her.She started typing something on her cell phone .This time not even giving me a look.That's it.I have had enough.I snatched her phone.

"what the holy--"she said giving me a murderous look.Well two can play at this game.

"I am talking to you Alaina and you are busy gossiping with your friends.I don't have all the time in the world.I am just trying to be nice to you considering you made me a breakfast and you threw tantrums last night and I am still trying to make up with you but you and your snooty nose,",i said angrily.If she only responded to my anger then well let her have it.I clearly didn't have the whole day to play ALaina we should do this game.

She looked sad,shocked and scared but she covered it quick."Well you don't have to worry to be nice to me.Clearly you have paid me to be your wife outside not inside the four walls so yeah ,you don't have to treat me like you actually think of me as a person and not a object to be played in your hands",she said angrily.The anger was surprisingly making me smile instead of making me angry.I had to control my face.

"What are you talking about?",i said clearly surprised about why was she acting pissed.

She didn't reply ,just banged her cup on the table and went to her room.Before she could again lock me out.I held her hand .She turned around and gave me a glare,"WHAT?",she shouted.

"Get ready,we have to go outside.Wear--",i said hoping she will consider this as a  command and come and may be the change of environment will calm her.

"Why don't you go and ask your lovely Melanie that?",she said and banged the door on my face.what ?where did Melanie come here and why will my secretary in Ireland come with me on a  tour.She's clearly weird.

I went to the kitchen to make a second cup of coffee when i saw her phone flashing a picture of me and Melanie  walking to the car after the business meeting to go the hotel.It was of some American website which had got to know where we were.Thank god,the Irish press didn't.

The headline said,"Brad disinterested by the gold digger  skank wife so soon?".I was fuming by the time i reached the end.So this is why she was pissed.I read the whole paragraph while dialing my assistant in New York .The paragraph said about how we fought in the hallways and how i was having an affair with Melanie and that's why i got her here on the pretense of work with her being my temporary secretary.Seriously whats wrong with the American paparazzi .Cant they  leave me alone.Bastards.I asked my assistant to sue them and ask them to publish an apology in every media form possible to my wife within the next 24 hours.

This is just the first day here and it feels like i have already ran all the way to the Alps.Gog help me.Now how should i convince Alaina and apologize to her.