change of plans

Alainas POV

I  stayed alone in the penthouse suite for a week.The only interaction that I had with a live person face to face was the maid,Mrs. Johnson. She was  an old woman near 50 yrs of age and looked very kind and warm.When she saw me ,she welcomed me instantly.She told me all about Brad over in a week thinking that I actually was interested in knowing more about Brad to make him happy.She told  me about how Brads favourite food was roasted chicken and mac and cheese.He could eat anything that was spicy as he loved spicy food. How he loved quiet environment and loved the smell of water Lillie's that he would spray the whole house with it and would request her to buy detergents and cleaning agents of that flavor.If the house smelled anything strong like a rose or perfume smell,he would really get angry.

She also told me how he helped her when he saw her crying at work secretly and not coming for regular schedules.At starting he  was angry but when he came to know her reason that she could not afford money for her daughters treatment for cancer as she had spent all money she had on her treatment and didn't have any.He hired an investigator to know where her daughter was admitted and without her knowing,he paid for her daughter treatment and in a premium way with her daughter getting the best treatment from the best doctors and in a deluxe room.He even paid her regularly and not agreed to her begging him to cut all the money he paid for her from her next 5 years salary.He refused straight ahead and went ahead  and in fact increased her salary and even paid for her daughters medical college salary without telling her ,after she got cured.Now if she even misses a single day of work,he calls and checks on her to see if she's ok. I was really surprised by the story.I did know that Brad was not a bad man at heart but doing so much.I mean many people just donate money to charities and publicize about in papers and go to charity balls wear expensive tuxedos ,drink wines,show their expensive tailored smile which they have been practising for months but going to the point of seeing that they don't have any trouble is sweet.Though after that she said something which spiked my interest more.

"brad was such a sweet boy before helping me phase.He would always spend his free weekend evenings in parks,concerts and walking by the lakes and all.Really nature lover. I remember he used to love going to this place far away somewhere on a cliff as he used to tell me about this place a lot and tell me to pack lunches for the whole day.",she laughed talking like she was talking about his son.So that's where the place he took me was and his secret.

"But this all changed till that Melissa BITCH came.I saw her  true colors the minute she came but Brad had to be blinded by her.I warned him.If I could warn Bra-",she said sadly with a far away look in her eye.

"Melissa ,who?",i said truthfully.I wanted to know about her.She looked at me for a minute before she realized that she had just spilt something i didn't know and shouldn't have known.

"I am so sorry Alaina dear,I should get back to work.I heard Brads coming back today.I will cook his favourite food.He might be very tired and hungry....",she murmured and went back to work ,clearly trying to run away from me.I was interested a lot but got again sidelined by brad's arrival.He clearly thought to inform Mrs.Johnson more appropriate then me.wow he clearly knows how to put me in my place.But why was he coming so early.I thought he would stay for a month to be away from me but guess he feels he doesn't feel the need to run from me as its clearly his house.Guess I will have to stay in my room longer.

I go to  help the maid with the food cause she was clearly making large amounts of food and knowing Brad he could finish all.After a lot of insistence she gave me the job to make vanilla spring cake.I got to it ,i was good at baking and cooking.My mother used to always say that a person should know how to earn money and cook  because these are the things you do for yourself.After finishing the cake.Though i doubted he might like it as he's had the best foods,desserts and wines in the best restaurant all around the world.