the aftermath

Alainas POV

I ran to the bank  immediately from the restaurant. I didn't want to waste any time in mindless thoughts about what i had got myself into. If i started thinking about it,it wouldn't help anyone . I didn't want to pay in the hospital directly from my account or else Nina and Dad would get a shock considering my bank account has now  80000 dollars from 200 . They would ask me hundred questions and not even allow me to use even a single penny of that money in Dylan's treatment so i thought cash would be hard to inspect.

I went to the bank told the lady the account number and she gave me my cash immediately. I was surprised ,no questions ,looks like they were expecting me. According to them I was a golden card member and so i would get a priority. I told them to remove 9000 dollars as i didn't want to go again and again to the bank for everything.Well looks like Brad too was expecting me definitely thinking i'm a greedy parasite money sucking vulture ,couldn't even wait a day to use the money that too whole . Well i couldn't even correct him as I didn't want sympathy from him nor wanted to include him in my family personal matters by telling him the truth . He did surprise me today by keeping his thoughts to himself and not mocking me at every sentence like always. He looked like he was waiting for me to run at his next word. Well wish I could but my life sucks.

I went to the hospital deposited the money immediately before meeting Nina and dad. They assured me they would start the operation immediately and he would be fine.I ran from their to home as if i stayed in the hospital ,Nina and dad would find me and question me about the money for hours and it was easy to lie on the phone then face to face.

I didn't make it till the parking lot and I got a call."Hey Nina, whats going on"

"You,young lady tell me,whats going on?did you just marry a Arab sheikh or Tom cruise?",said Nina angrily.

I wish.only if she knew that i have agreed to marry Brad carter,she would flip.

"hahaa, No. Why?",i said trying to keep the tone normal.

"How the hell did you get  7500 dollar that too in 1 hour?Tell me the truth, ALAINA?",she said growling.

"Well i kind of asked my boss. Pulled some strings here and there and got it. How's Dy?"

"DON'T CHANGE THE TOPIC."

"I am not. Trust me you are just looking too much into it, I asked my boss and he understood about it. Its my 6 months salary. You just think about Dy. I will see you tomorrow ,OK?"

"Are you sure?You didn't do anything wrong or got yourself into something for us?"

"haha ,no . I told you to stop watching CSI ,see this is where it gets you.You start suspecting your own sister.I promise. I'm not."

"OK,I will take it down a notch.hey,where are you?"

"uhhh...i am heading home as i have to finish some office work, make the boss angry now,rite?Hope you don't mind."

"No,not at all and take some rest. You looked like a zombie."

"Look who's talking. OK,gotta go.I will call you later. Tell me when Dy wakes up.love you bye."

I cut the call immediately after not able to keep a normal tone . I started crying  on the drive back home. How am i going to last 1 year with Brad and what was she going to think when i tell her that i literally sold myself to Brad for Dy. Would she disown me ,abandon me ,think i'm a whore.Their was no use thinking about it. I went home and laid on the bed tired to do anything else.Tomorrow was going to be a drama for sure.