engagement ring

A/N

This chapter is dedicated to my most recent follower Zyrrem. Thanks for following me :)

Brads Pov

I had  taken Alaina today to meet my parents. I didn't want anything to go wrong as it would not help with my plan of saving my companies. I called Alaina in the morning and told her the plan and to dress according to it as you really have no idea Women have separate dresses for separate occasions and if you don't tell them they blame you.When i saw Alaina outside her building ,she looked pretty but nothing that outstanding or anything, I have seen better but definitely didn't expect her to see in a dress. She could carry the light pink or whatever shade it was as according to me its some pink shade,quite well . When she brought my notice to her legs,i noticed they were quite well toned ,how come i never notice ever. I literally had to shake myself to pull my head of those thoughts I didn't want to crash the car with both of us in it. Mom ,Dad adored her and so did Ade.Their behaviour surprised me as I thought  they would be screaming and investigating on my sudden fiancee out of no where  but they were happy to finally see it was not one of my one night stands.

When I was eating then i noticed  Alainas hands apart from it being pretty,I still haven't put the engagement ring on her finger. This would put us in problem. So I told my parents that we were going to have an engagement party only with a few people that is the board members and the paparazzi so that word can be carried out that I am going to marry and it would  not be so sudden after my marriage  for the Press and other people.

My mother  and Ade were so excited with the  planning and I didn't care much cause this was a  wedding of show .So i decided to take Alaina to Tiffany's to select the wedding and engagement ring.She agreed silently. I was surprised ,I expected her to put a fight .

We reached Tiffany's after the long  comfortable silence  during the ride.

I got out and immediately went to hold her hands as we were at ring shop,I couldnt look like a divorced coupl here. I had to act all lovey dovey. I whispered in her ear"just act in love inside when we buy the ring.". She made a face but nodded. We walked in. Obviously i was Brad carter so they started with the special treatment. The saleslady started showing many rings. I left alaina to choose  as I could pay any and  didnt mind and it was more her thing then mine. I was busy texting in my phone. She showed rings in diamond,white gold,gold,platinum,ruby,sapphire etc but Alaina wasn't even looking at them and was just nodding her head no with a small smile to the saleslady. I ddint understand what her problem was. Shouldn't she start jumping and scanning all the rings and do a 360 degree near the mirror and ask everyone in the shop how it looks while squealing and giggling as I have seen  girls doing but she was just  staring at a space as if I had got her to pick a coffin for someones funeral.Finally I couldn't take it.

"Alaina whats your problem?Just select the god dam ring . I don't have all the time in the world.",i said angrily.

"Its your wedding too .I'm not the only one getting married and as we are in LOVE. You should too help me.",she  said glaring at me.

Oh yeah I had to pretend to be in love with her.

"OK...Honey,sweetie,darling can you PLEASE PICK A RING?",i said loosing my patience. Seriously I needed a break. Couldn't she just pick a ring so we could leave.

Oh maybe she was worried about the cost. I forgot to tell her I was paying for everything and she could choose without worrying about it.

"Alaina you don't have to worry about the cost. I am paying just pick a ring and do us both a favor. Isn't it every girls dream to pick the biggest rock and loot the guy and all . i thought it would be easy for you considering you.",i was cut of immediately by Alaina.

"Considering I'm your poor slave.",she said furiously.

I was going to say considering " you are a girl and have a better taste",but Alaina being Alaina never had the patience to let someone finish what they say.

"You Know what why don't you  hire someone to select the rings and let someone send it to me then you wont have to pick a ring literally. Goodbye Brad.",she said stomping off.

"ALAINA WAIT...",i said going after her till the gate but damn she was fast . She ran out of the shop out of my sight. I would have gone after  her but then I was Brad Carter ,I couldn't be seen running after her on the streets and I had to compensate for what happened here and if i caught her also I am afraid she would throw something else on me and make a scene  like all the previous times. I would give her some time to cool it off.

I went to the counter to select the rings and get it over with .  Everyone got to their business and the saleslady went to pretending that she didn't hear anthing.I saw everything. I didnt know what to pick, I knew I had to pick something big,like a big rock as she was my fiancee after all ,I couldn't pick a cheap small ring .The saleslady was suggesting me bigger rings telling me that it would win her heart back.Yeah,fat chance. Finally a ring caught my eye. It was a big huge ring. It was a big square shaped centre and 4 petals and the petals were filled with blue stones and the centre and the rims of the flower was filled with diamonds. It looked pretty to me and the saleslady also agreed that it was the best ring till now and an antique . I finally decided to take it. If Alaina had any problem she could come and exchange it .I didn't mind. I picked a wedding ring which was simple for me and designer for Alaina. I decided to finish all the ring stuff at once.

I paid and they assured me that they would finish sizing it by the evening and would send it.

The engagement party was tomorrow but Mom and Ade were handling it so I was at the bottom of this. Finally I decided to go to my penthouse .It was 4 so their was no use of going to office. I could work from home. I took a shower ,I changed into my boxers and sat on the bed with my laptop. I decided to  call Alaina to see how things were. I called her.She picked up"Hellooo?",she said sadly .God seriously she was so sad after that . God.

"Alaina its me before you hang up or interrupt me. Let me finish I was  not going to say what you thought about you being slave as I don't think of you as that way. This is a deal for us and I dont prefer calling people who work with me to achieve the same goal as I as slave and I am extremely sorry if i hurt your feelings but it wouldn't have happened if you didn't run out on me and would have sat their and heard me out."

"So you remember me now ,the fake fiancee who ran and now i come under your list of people you call when your drunk why so cause you didn't get anyone to buy rings for you,"she said laughing dryly.

"I did get the rings myself and you will see it for yourself tomorrow and i am not drunk.I told you what i felt .Now its on you to believe whether I am right or not but it should not affect the deal,Be ready tomorrow for the engagement. Goodnight Alaina.",i said cutting the phone. God talking to this women already killed half the cells of my brain, How am i supposed to live with her . God Save me.It will definitely be a long day tomorrow.