roommates

Authors Note

I am extremely sorry for keeping you guys waiting but i had personal problems which i wont bore i you with and i know most of you are just skimming through it to reach the story so i wont bore you .Enjoy the story guys :)

Alaina's POV

We were travelling in Bartley's car  .I was sitting in the back.Brad and Bartley were sitting in the front.It took half an hour to reach his house.His house was really pretty and had an ethereal feel to it.I would have bought the house if i had money.It was no castle .It was a sweet cottage type house with two floors and a house which red riding hood would have had with greenery surrounding it.There was a small  lake.It had no statue overflowing water but it was exquisite.There were other houses around it but it definitely looked well spaced and not cluttered like in new York.

Bartley guided us to his house and Brad followed him with a bag not before taking my hand in his.Oh,i get it.we have to act like a lovey dovey couple to stay tonight under a roof.I pretended as if it was not sending me weird flickers of electricity through me.

He knocked the door saying "Mavourneen(it means my darling sweetheart in Irish),open the door.Guess whom have i got with us?".Wow people really are warm or guess everyone is warm except Brad and I.

His wife opened the door.She had reddish brown hair and a very pale complexion but the healthy pale with red tinge of blush on her cheeks.Which were natural and not smeared with make up like most women back home.She was shorter than me probably around 5 feet 1 inches but there was a natural beauty to her and happiness after seeing her husband .

"Mavourneen,look i found an American couple outside my cafe.They were stranded .Poor them so I got them with us.You don't mind letting them stay with us.do you?",he asked her so lovingly as if he was asking her permission to build  a battle ship in his backyard.

"of course not,aroon(love) let them enter.You are stalling them .Poor couple they are shivering.oh by the way I am ciara.",she said smiling sweetly at us.

We entered inside and made introductions.She guided us to her living room which was after  the lit alley king of hallway hung with the photographs of the couple from their holidays.They looked so in love and happy in each of them.She asked us to sit on the sofa while she got us tea and snacks.I went to help her as I felt useless sitting with the men discussing  football on the t.v and guilty for hoarding her.

Since I didn't know how she prepared tea in a Irish way.She insisted she do it and i helped her make mini burgers.While helping her ,she asked me about my marriage.

"So,how many years its been since you are married?",she asked busy boiling the water.

"Umm..1 month.",i said unsure about what brad would have wanted me to say as we were pretending to be someone else and so in love.

"But he looks madly in love with you.",she said making the ham.

"what?",i asked shocked.

"Your husband.He cant take his eyes off you.Its been just 20 minutes and i can see it.",she said winking at me.

I gave her a timid smile as i didn't know how to reply knowing it was not true.He probably might be glaring not looking at me lovingly.

"So how did you two meet?",i asked her hoping to distract her from asking me more about my marriage as we had to pretend to be a normal American couple.

"We were childhood sweethearts.Bartley used to study in my school and we married right after high school.",she said reminiscing her high school days.

"Wow,that so romantic.",i said honestly.

"Yeah ,that he is.I couldn't have asked for a more better man.",she said meaning every word.