Let the play begin

Alainas POV

It was more tough to act now than before. Considering every person here except brad and his family and the cop friend was giving me a dirty look wondering how the hell did this garbage end next to Brad Carter,the CEO of Carter and Sons and the heir to the multimillionaire business.There were women who would constantly stare at me ,not Brad to see if i  would trip on my dress or if i tore my dress from my butt bending down.They would be hoping to see some actual fault in me to relieve themselves saying that  yeah he really cant love her and I am better than that line in there head.Brad was another story ,he would constantly hold my hand or put his arm around my waist, smile widely when guests would come and give me frequent kisses on my cheek  but when people were not around he would drop my hand and his arms like he was stung with a current and would move as far as he could from me without people suspecting anything.

Guess someone is normal.He  refused to dance to the first dance as a couple saying he had to immediately go and start packing as he has to board a plane in 3 hours to Sydney for an deal which was apparently more important than his "fake" wedding and his parents too couldn't convince him for  dance.I did feel humiliated but then reminded myself that if we had to dance he would probably act more lovey dovey and that would be more annoying and actually everyone was relieved when he said no to the dance as all the girls started putting make up on there faces ,pushing there chest forward hoping that he would dance with them and he refused me because i looked ugly.  Brad didn't even notice them.He said goodbyes to his parent.I went to Katherine to bid goodbye when she hugged me with tears in her eye as if i was her actual daughter.

"Take care of my son,he might be hard from outside but he's soft as a marshmallow from inside.Just give him some time.",she whispered in my ear.I looked at Brad to see if he heard anything but he just  looked at his dad listening to him saying something.I nodded at Katherine and went to William.

I heard bits of there conversation,"...yeah come as soon as possible,leave the deal even its below the market rate....."

"No dad,I wont leave till i get 80% profit from it and then i will try to make a deal with even the Sanberg in Melbourne."

"Oh Alaina,come come,we were just discussing business.Son are you sure you are leaving this girl and going to Sydney. I could take your place."

"DAD, We have to go we are getting late.",he said and walked to Ade.

William hugged me and whispered in my ears,"don't worry,he hate donuts,go have your revenge.".I smiled at him and he winked. I went to Ade who was talking so loudly that i could hear from across the room.

"Brad,please don't start making out with Australian chicks there or else I will have your balls and please don't  make me an aunt at least till I turn 28.",she winked at me.Brad just rolled his eyes .

"Alaina,wear the clothes how i have put it ,remember chanel,Gucci,Prada,kors.This is the order ok.If  you have any problem call me anytime and if you want to shop I am always ready.",she said smiling and hugging me.I hugged her back but before i could say anything,Brad took my hand and dragged me outside the church  .There were rice thrown at us.OK,something traditional was there.People were cheering and I knew what they wanted.I didn't dare look at Brad but he pulled me towards him and gave me a quick peck on my lips and dragged me to the car.People though he was  excited but no he just wanted the drama to end.

when we sat in the car,it was like worse then the first time we met.He never even bothered talking to me or telling me anything.It was like I was not even there in the car.He ignored me the whole time and I did that too.

We stopped outside Victoria Towers .The valet came quickly to park the car from Brad.I got out from the car. I followed him quietly since he still wasn't talking to me.People were looking at us wondering why is this bride in her wedding dress and the groom walking and looking like they have come from the court filing a divorce.Brad literally even refused to pretend even in the lobby that i was his wife. I followed him in the elevator.Luckily there were people there.I didn't bother looking at him.I heard people congratulating him and him saying a thank you but there was no feeling in it.The elevator stopped several times .I didn't realize when Brad took my hand and dragged me outside the elevator literally with him. He didn't leave my hand till we reached outside the penthouse suite and he inserted his card. 

It opened to  a magnificent looking place. Brad went ahead and I followed him. He dropped his tie and jacket on the couch and then he turned to me.I was  busy gawking at the place.

It was so big that 5 of my  flats could fit in it.He coughed.I looked at him.His face was blank.

"Should I show you to your room?",he asked.I nodded.Thank god we came here or we would have to sleep in one room.I noticed the floor was covered with marble top flooring.There was a huge glass window made of glass showing the beautiful new York city view with a spiral staircase going up. A bar made near the couch with a 80 inch LCD . There  room had a golden glow.I was awed by the house.When he took me to my room up the stairs which was faraway from his considering his was down.

"I hope you don't mind this room. I had already asked the maid to put all your clothes in the closet here so that you don't have to do it."

"Its OK",my room was well too big.It would have made  a 20 yr old happy but I am fine considering its only for a year. It had a bed in round shape  and the whole room had a blue and white feel to it.Everything felt cold and unfriendly in this room.Brad coughed again."Thank you.",i said.

He nodded.He went out from my room.I just sat at the bed and stared at the view from my window.

Some moments or hours later.I heard a knock.I turned and saw Brad standing with a suitcase,quite a big one looking at me.It looked like he was going for a month.

"I am going to Sydney and I don't know when I will be back.If you need anything,call my secretary .I have forwarded you her number and the two maids will be coming in an hour.They will cook food and clean and everything.I have put the money in your account if you need to buy anything and if you need more the call my secretary.If my mom dad call,tell them you have no idea when i will come.OK I will leave.Goodnight."

I nodded as I couldn't utter anything.There were silent tears flowing.I don't know why i was crying but the part where he thought I would need more money or the part where the reality struck again hard.I went back to staring at the window till I heard the door slamming down.