the unheard

Alainas POV

I woke up to hear the sound of shower running in the bathroom. Probably Brad was taking a shower. What was the time?I looked at the alarm clock it was 6:00 am. what was Brad doing so early? wasn't he supposed to behave like a billionaire and get up at 1 after the maids  play ring-a ring-a roses around there bed. Well I should wake up. I don't want to take more of his space then required.As it is i was sleeping on his bed in his room.Top of that i really didn't want to see Brad  come from the shower.

I quickly checked myself in the mirror for any wreckage or resemblance to raccoon's. I ran down. I went to the kitchen . It looked exactly like yesterday night.Probably Brad hasn't made breakfast till now .I decided to do it myself as  a thank you to Brad yesterday and knowing that he wont be making anything except cereal after yesterday nights drama.

I started gathering ingredients for pancake and made coffee. I didn't want to go overboard and give a wrong impression. I set everything on the table and when i turned I noticed Brad was standing leaning on the stairs staring at me. His hair was wet and sticking to his neck and he had worn a vest  which was showing his toned muscles and his biceps and a track suit. I was surprised that he hadn't made any comment or scared me or spoke anything to announce his presence. He actually had changed since after my incident.Well at least hes been better than his moody arrogant bastard jerk self.But still i am not going to let my guard down.

"Hey",i said trying to get his attention to stop making him stare at me as it was making me uncomfortable. I don't know why i blushed. He just smiled and said " Its been a while since I saw someone cook in the kitchen in anything but white uniform and cap. Have to admit this is way better than what i am used to".,he winked. What did he mean. He laughed when he saw my confusion.He wanted to say something but the ring of his phone cut him off."I will be back.",he said looking seriously at his cell.

I nodded and got back to arranging things on the table.What did he mean by that ? does he mean that he enjoys seeing me do laborious work not that i consider cooking laborious but hes Brad ,even lifting a pen will be tedious for him.
He came back and sat on the table. I sat on the far end. He smiled at seeing the contents on the table ."You know I am the cereal kind of guy but seriously this breakfast can get any better.",he said grinning.

"yeah i figured ,you wont be knowing even how to cut a apple.", i said seriously.

"Well  i will agree with you if it makes you make the breakfast everyday.",he said again winking.God whats with him winking at me and grinning.did he fall down the wrong side of the bed.The doorbell rung.I absently got to open it.Brad laughed and pulled me back by my wrists. Whats his problem now?

"What?",i said angrily.

"Sweetheart ,I don't mind you opening the door but I really don't  want to pay for the medical bills of  whoever it is at the door as they are definitely going to faint after they see you like this from shock or amazement.",he said laughingly pointing at my dress.

I looked down curiously. My mouth opened.how could I have forgotten that I was wearing a transparent night gown that too one which came to my knees and was White for god sake and its bright morning and I am roaming shamelessly like this in front of him. I was as bright as a red neon bulb and Brad literally laughed at my expression .I ignored him and ran upstairs"sweetie the views good even from the back .",he said loudly laughing. I  blushed and ran to  Brads room and locked it.

GOD ,i was a moron on this side of the pacific probably on both the sides.what the hell was I thinking walking like this .I may as well walk in my bikini here.It was Brads some office associate  at the door. God what would have my reputation been if they had seen me like that.Well actually nothing cause i was expected to be seen like that with Brad to show him that we really love each other and cant get our hands off each other.Seriously God give me a break.
I showered and changed to a proper decent  striped top from Prada and a jeans from Dior. I left my hair open and didn't bother doing any make up or putting any perfume.I went down.

"Ralph, You have to trace that number."

"We are trying Mr. Carter but you have to know somethings are against the rules and i cant bend it."

"I bloody hell don't care about your f***ing rules. I pay you half a grand not  to sit and read me out whats right but to do your job."

"But sir..."

"If you want your job,you will tell me by tonight whose number it was or else..."

They stopped after they saw me enter the room.

They both looked shocked and suddenly Brad changed his whole demeanor and stood up and came to peck me on my cheeks.

"hey sweetheart, come sit with me.",he said fake smiling.

Whats wrong with him. Why is he behaving as if hes my...Oh ,right we have to act.

I nodded and sat next to him feeling a little uncomfortable to sit so close but couldn't help it.

"Sweetheart this is Ralph,my worker.",he said quickly pointing to the other guy and something in his eye held the other guy back from spilling out something.

Ralph just nodded and said"Nice to meet you Miss Fletcher."

I smiled back "You too."

"Well I guess i should leave.",he said getting up and standing.

Brad nodded."send me the documents by tonight.High priority.',he said seriously as if he didn't know that i heard most of it about how Ralph was going to lose the job but what was the number that he wanted to be traced. was someone giving blank calls to brad ?

As soon as he went. I shifted far away from Brad and stood up.

I was going up to my room when he said,"get ready we are going to my office."