hate at first sight

chapter 1-Hate at first sight

"trrring trrrring....." ,what the hell was ringing so loudly. Maybe its the phone it will go to the voicemail. No need to get it . "trringgggg...." ,its not the phone. Maybe it might be the doorbell. Whoever it is will go back. Afterall who rang someones bell at 5 in the morning ,seriously annoying people or my party crazy drunk neighbour for some help in cleaning his house which  i am so not intrested in.

Finally after testing my patience i get up after 3 minutes and see its the alarm clock. I throw it off the table angrily. Guess i will have to buy another one in wood if they ever make alarm clocks in wood.

I saw the time from the clock across the hall it was 9;30. "shitttttt",nina will have my head if i dont help her. I ran quickly to the bathroom and showere in 5 minutes. Thank god for technology and the guy who invented shower. I quickly spurted my body shop strawberry body wash on my body without caring  how much. 

After getting out, i changed into  a levi 's jeans and a simple sky blue mango top. I was not interested in how i was looking today. It was after all my 5 year old nephews birthday whom i had to go help my sister nina with and i had promised her to help her. 

I hurriedly took my gift which i got him from toys r us gift shop one month before.I knew what i had to do today. I hurriedly took the keys of my chevy from my table. I took my purse ,lipbalm ,house keys and wallet in my marc jacobs sale bag and ran towards the car.

I  went to the cake shop after seeing my blackberry as thats what nina wanted considering dylan changed his taste now. He wanted a house shaped chocolate cake instead of a black forest now as in his cartoon yesterday they were cutting a chocolate cake. "kids", i snorted. 

I got the cake and went to  the supermarket to buy some snacks which nina wanted last minute.

I reached walmart and went straight to the snack section picked out some 4 packets of huge lays and few packets of snickers ,milky way,galaxy etc and threw them in the trolley. I got some balloons and masks just in case if something went wrong.

The last most important thing i was looking for is a bottle of red wine which nina needed for making the chicken. Her chicken was very famous in her locality . She was a pro chef. I think people came to dylans birthday to eat her chicken. She had even her 60 year old boss coming to her sons birthday and the whole neighbor hood and even her college friends living in New York just to eat her chicken and she couldn't find it in the grocery shop nearby so she told me to get it. She told me if i came without it. I might as well  throw the cake in her face in front of everyone.I agreed since i stayed in manhattan where everything was near-by and she stayed in brooklyn.

I went to the wine section. It was crowded as usual. I couldn't spot red wine in the red  wine section . There was beer white wine etc but no red wine. I was just going to go and turn towards the other side of the aisle to seek the help of the attending saleswoman, when i saw  a unique shaped bottle in the shelf of beer and it was the odd one out. I picked it and to my joy saw it was red wine. I checked the bottle whether it was damaged or anything but it was not. I literally danced and had to stop myself from going further as people were wondering whether i am mad or am offering them a free show of so you think you can dance at 9:30 sunday morning in  a manhattan supermarket .

I ran to the bill counter. There were few people so i had to wait 5 minutes in the queue.My number came. I paid the bill and ran towards the exit gate as i knew i was going to be late if i didn't rush. It was hard considering i had two heavy bags in my hand.  My car was parked near the exit of the market  and it was the closest to the security check in . As i  started running towards my car concentrating on the car.  Suddenly i realized i my left shoulder dashed with something hard and my wine bottle fell and broke as the impact was huge. "what the hell...", i looked up and saw  a 6 foot man tall ,broad shouldered dressed in a polo shirt and a jeans  .He was wearing  sunglasses and shot me a dirty look as if i ruined his day and my sister was going to kill him and not me and probably even the 40 guests.

"Way to ruin my shoes...",said the guy."excuse me",instead of apologizing, he's standing and talking about me ruining his shoes which looked expensive and had a little bit of wine on them. 

"I beg your pardon"

"YOU ruined MY SHOES and day"

"i can say the same. You dropped my wine, it was the only piece out in the whole supermarket."

"You ruined my shoes . Do you know i have to go to Milan directly after this and sit in a 7 hour flight with these shoes DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA ABOUT PRESENTATION"

"EXCUSE ME. I think you just crossed the line. First of all its just a shoe ,not your face that even after wiping it or washing it will look ugly as ever and to answer your 2 question, yes i do know about presentation. I have made a  career out of it and earn my living."

"Yeah right by throwing wine on peoples shoes and  forcing them to buy new 1. It sounds an interesting career, how much do u earn on every wine bottle?"

"SHUT UP. I don't want even a penny from you. Who do you think you are, some millionaire or the CEO of some company that you can even buy a wine even if i trap you.",his lips smirked." You find it hard to buy a new pair of shoes and think that i will ask you for a wine and if you are not deaf, you might have heard me saying ,IT WAS THE ONLY BOTTLE "

"I think you find it hard buying anything that's why you are ruining my day here telling me about your boring opinions which i'm so not interested in . You are the one reminding me of  a 50 year old  fat woman having no one to share your life with but packets of chocolates and chips and tissues to cry watching a girly movie alone on the sofa before you die",he said with a smirk pointing to my packets which were too much for 5 people.

that was it, that pushed my anger. I didn't feel like defending myself and explain that they were for 40 people and not for me. I took one bottle of a drink from my bag ,I was trying to unscrew it.

The guy was wondering why was I was suddenly unscrewing a bottle of 7 up in the middle of a argument, guessing his opinion was right that i  really was a  comfort  food kind of person.

I uncorked it and emptied the contents on the guys face.

"hey...whaaaaaat did you do? "

"just what i should have done the minute you opened your mouth and ruined my day by showing your ugly face .Hope you have money to buy new clothes or else the milan people might send you back. Have a good day,actually dont!"

I said smugly and went to my car and drove off ,enjoying  his pissed off and murderous glare from my rearview mirror. "