The Talk

Authors Note

this chapter is dedicated to my newest follower DrakosMerlin. Thanks for following me . It means a  lot to me :)

Alainas Pov

We were sitting across the table at McDonalds. Brad seemed a little uncomfortable as it was clearly not his type of place to hang out. Clearly even I couldn't imagine him over here with his friends or his 'girlfriends'.

I agreed to to listen to him cause  it was hard to run away with Dylan in a wheel chair and I was curious too as to see how did marriage and me come together in 1 sentence that too from his mouth. He wasn't ready to leave till I heard him out.

I agreed to come anywhere if he allowed me to drop dylan at home and come by evening as I didnt want Dylan witnessing another burger War but he seemed anxious when I said we can go else where as this clearly was not his place to hangout. God knows why he started hanging out in Kingsbridge.

"you know you seriously should not crack such jokes on people. Some of your girlfriends might actually take  you up on that.",i said to get this over with.

He had ordered a meal for all of us and paid. I tried refusing it but he just was himself again hard for him to  miss a chance of showoff.

"I wasn't joking. I am serious.",he said coldly.

"So why should I marry you. Did all the girls of New York get  sick or something. or are you on air for some stupid on camera prank show like just like laughs.",i said trying to get the truth out from him.

"Look hear me out and please dont interrupt. If you have any questions hold them for a while.I will answer all of them. An advise:dont take it personally and just look it as a business arrangement.",he said mechanically.

He was looking at dylan.

"Dont worry hes in his own world for a while. You can start with your brad fables.",i said boringly.

"Look,I need you to be my wife  for 1 year.  I will pay you whatever cost you ask and anything extra too.I will give you your job back too if you want. "

"ARE YOU CRAZY?",i asked loudly making the whole restaurant turn towards me.

"hush...keep it down,will you?",he said glaring at me.

"I am not some whore or an exclusive prostitute. Get it? What do you think ?just because you saw me in a park jobless you think i will agree to your whims and stupid idiotic fantasies."

"believe me I dont fantasize about you. I have other women for that.",he said smirking.

"Oh i'm sure. so go ask them. Why are you bothering me?",i said offended.

"I cant because they are not my family type and I think even you want the money. I mean clearly you look depressed with the job gone and theirs no problem that money cant solve.",he said arrogantly.

"Can it make you go from here.?",i asked pleadingly.

"yes if you accept the deal.",he said smug.

"No i'm not accepting any deal cause I 'm sane and I dont want anything to do with you or around you."

"& here i thought you were smart and i'm so wrong. Look I'm not intrested in you ,I just want us to be married on paper and for pretense and then you are free after 1year that too with assets worth your name and popularity you can dream of....",he said clearly continuing on his stupid deal.

"why do you have to marry?",i asked curious.

"Thats for me to know and for you to obey.",he said again arrogantly not thinking I deserved to know about it but foolish enough that I would come in his stupid drama.

"Look Mr BRAD,it was NOT nice seeing you and hope we never meet. Hope you get yourself checked cause you are clearly showing the symptoms of split personality and you need a check up."

"Since I pity you, i will give you a week to think about it. I will call you on saturday to sign the papers.",he said confidently and got up ,ruffled dy's hair and went.

seriously what the hells wrong with that guy. If I didnt know him,i would have fallen for him as he seriously was a looker with 6 foot fall and broad chest,rugged looks ,blue eyes ,black hair, well built body and well groomed but...but his personality repelled me so far that whenever i saw him,i only felt like taking the nearest knife and stabbing him in his stomach atleast 20 times.

ARROGANT BASTARD.

well he will surely be  disappointed on saturday if he ever gets my number. Fat chance,huh!