Chapter 12

"Ames, lets go on a road trip before the baby comes!" Edward said. Amy nodded before packing her stuff and going to the car. They were driving for about 2 hours when Amy suddenly felt contractions. She gritted her teeth and let out a small moan. She managed to stay silent until she was hit with a wave of pain. Amy yelled out as her water broke. There was a big slpash and water started pooling at Amy's legs. "Ed, you need to turn around, my water just broke!"Amy said. Edward went into the emergency lane and stopped. "Can you hold it in, we are about 2 and a half hours away from the hospital,"Edward said as he lifted up Amy's shirt and placed his hand on her belly. Amy nodded and Edward turned around and started to drive again. One hour later and Any's contractions were 7 minutes apart and were lasting for about 40 seconds. The car was filled with either screams, moans or groans. Suddenly, Amy grabbed Edwards arm and yelled out before throwing her head back. "Oh god, babe, I can't do this, this hurts and I feel the baby coming out" Edward told Any to take deep breaths as he unbuckled her seatbelt and Amy started to pull off her pants and underwear just incase they had to deliver in the car. "Aughhhh, owww,"
Amy managed to last though one hour more of contractions and they finally reached the hospital. Edward led Amy out of the car and she waddled in with her pants still pulled down and her shirt lifted up, putting her pregnant belly on full show. Amy clutched her belly with one hand and held onto Edward with the other. "Someone help, my wife is in labour!" Edwsrd yelled and a group of nurses ran over and helped Amy to a maturnity ward. They checked Any dilation and she was only 7 centimeters dilated. "Darling, you etill got a long way to go, we will check on you in a bit" One of the nurses said as they exited the room. Half an hour later, Amy said "Babe, can you call the nurse, I need to push!" Edward rushed to her side and pressed the emergency button, but no one came. "Aughhhh, where are they, this baby is coming!" "Ames, just breathe, deep breath in and out." Sudden.y the light went out, Edward turned on the flashlight on his phone and went to check what happened. He realised that the door to the medical ward was locked. He ran to tell Amy the bad news. "Ames, the door is locked!" "What! Ohhhh Ahhhh baby please stop moving, I need to concentrate!" "Ames, don't panic, its fine, we just have to deliver by ourselves!" "Are you crazy! We can't deliver a baby, AUGHHHH BABY BE PATIENT PLEASE AHHHHHH OHHHH OWWWWWW" Edward pulled off Amy's pants completely and spread her legs. "If you need to push, just push" "I NEED TO PUSH! AUGHHHHH AHHHHH" Amy yelled at the top of her lungs as she pushed as hard asshe could. Amy felt the baby's head come out and she pushed again. The shoulders slipped out and with a few more pushes, Amy delivered the baby successfully.