Chapter 24

"Ohhhhhh, babe..." "Breathe, sweetheart, it will be over soon," Sam said. He rubbed Alice's back gently. Alice was woken up by intense pains in her stomach, it turned out that she was in labour. Suddenly, Sam's phone started to ring, "Boss, you have to come to the office right now, our supervisor needs to talk to us about an urgent matter," Sam's co-worker said. Sam growled, "I can't come today, Alice is in labour," Sam said. Alice grabbed his arm, "Go, I will be fine, my contractions are half and hour apart," Sam sighed but planted a kiss on Alice's forehead and told his co worker he would be there in five minutes. When Sam left, Alice laid in the bed trying to fall asleep.

A few hours later, Alice was woken up by a contraction. This one hurt so much more and laster for forty seconds. Her contractions were now five minutes apart and lasting for forty seconds. She rubbed her belly, trying to soothe the pain. Alice stood up and slowly walked down the stairs to get a bottle of water. Just then, a contraction hit her, Alice moaned loudly as she gripped the railing on the steps. When the contrsction ended, she walked downstairs and got some water. She sat on her yoga ball and started bouncing lightly. "Ohhhhhh, these contractions hurt so bad," Alice said, closing her eyes. She felt pressure build in her abdomen causing her to cry out in pain. Alice stood up and started walking around the house but the pressure continued to build. "AH! Stop, please, this hurts too much,"Alice yelled. She stumbled to a wall and pressed her back against it. She lifted up her shirt and rubbed her pregnant belly.

Half an hour later, her contractions were now three minutes apart and lasting for fifty seconds. The pressure was still there. Alice could not even walk anymore, she was on her hands and knees as she breathed through her contractions. Just then, Sam returned and he saw Alice on the ground, moaning loudly. He rushed over and gently picked her up. "Sweetheart, are you okay whats wrong?" Sam said as Alice laid in his arms. "Contraction...pressure...so...much pressure..." Alice said. Sam rubbed Alice's belly and helped her stand. However, when she stood, the pressure reached an all time high and Alice screamed loudly. Alice squatted on the ground and Sam squstted across from her. He wrapped his arms around her waist, gently rubbing her back. "Ohhhhhhh, babe, something is going to pop!" Alice said, using one of her hands to cover her vagina. Alice cried out again as the pressure got worse, "AHHHHH, I NEED TO PUSH, BABE," Alice screamed. Sam nodded, "Just push, sweetheart, whatever makes you feel better." Alice bared down and fluids gushed out of her. She moaned in relief as all the pressure faded. "Do you want to change out of your sweatpants, sweetheart?" Alice shook her head and tried to stand. Sam pulled her close and she placed her head on his shoulder as they swayed their hips. "Babe, squeeze my hips, it hurts!" Alice said. Sam moved behind Alice and pressed her hips inwards.

After a while, Sam went to set up the birthing pool. They climbed into the pool, but the water was making Alice very uncomfortable. They stood in the pool as Alice wrapped her arms around Sam's neck. Sam rubbed Alice's bulging belly as she experienced contractions. The contractions were two minutes apart and lasting about seventy seconds. "Ohhhhh, babe, I can't do this," Alice said. "Yes, you can, sweetheart, breathe, in, out." Sam said. When the next contraction came, Alice's legs gave way, Sam caught her just in time. "Woah, attagirl, easy sweetheart. " Sam said. "I need to push babe, I can't hold him in!" Alice said. Sam nodded and Alice squatted in the pool and spread her legs as wide as possible. Alice moaned as another contraction came, she bared down and pushed as hard as possible. The baby's head immediately started to crown. "Oh, shit, oh shit, OH SHIT, IT BURNS!" Alice yelled, she tried to close her legs but Sam pulled them open. "Push, sweetheart, push!" Sam said. Alice bared down and pushed again. The baby's head came out with a pop, fluids gushed out of Alice as she moaned. She laid on her back and continued to push. "HE IS NOT COMING OUT!" Alice yelled. Sam rubbed his wife's thigh and said, "Give him some time, sweetheart, he will come. " Alice nodded and spread her legs wider. She yelled loudly and pushed during her next contraction. Finally, her baby boy was born. Sam cut the umbilical cord and passed Alice her baby. Sam left to dress the baby and Alice climbed out of the pool.

Sam came back and wrapped his arms around his still pregnant wife. "How long before his twin comes?" Sam asked. "I don't feel him yet so I think it will take a while more." Sam nodded and they swayed their hips. However, a few minutes later, Alice's contractions started. She moaned and threw her head back. "Ohhhhhhh, this hurts more," Alice said. Sam gently lifted one of Alice's thighs and pressed it against his hip. "Here, this will open up your hips more and you csn push him out." He rubbed her inner thigh as she moaned. "Do you need to push, sweetheart?" Alice shook her head, "Not yet, but there is a lot of pressure down there." Sam pulled Alice close and she rested her head on his shoulder. After a while, Alice started to cry out in pain. Her contractions were two minutes apart and lasting for forty five seconds. Sam continued to rub her thigh and her back. "Ohhhhhh, I need to push!" Alice moaned. She bent her leg slightly and pushed. The head immediately started to crown. She felt her opening start to burn again as she yelled out. Sam lifted Alice's leg higher so that she the baby could come out easier. Alice bared down and pushed and the head came out. The baby slid out on its own without Alice needing to push anymore.