twenty - azriel

I wasn't a decent male by any means, but I knew when I shouldn't indulge. And fuck, with Freyja straddling me and asking me to kiss her, the few morals I had were blurring. Her delicate fingers traced my jaw and I didn't care. I didn't care about her touching me, about hurting her, I didn't care about any of it. I wanted her clothes to be gone, I wanted to feel my palm against her skin.

Freyja kept staring at me with those pretty blue eyes and I wanted to do it. The way she took her bottom lip between her teeth, bringing those fingers up into my hair, I couldn't take it. I tried to even my breath, to keep the calm I always had, but I was breaking. My fists shook against the urge to grab her by the throat and devour her.

"Azriel, please. Just a kiss," Freyja murmured, dipping her chin so she looked at me through her dark lashes. Cauldron, I'd made bad choices many times before, but this would be the worst. Corrupting the innocent daughter of the High Lord, hidden away at the top of the mountain.

"Have you kissed someone before?" I asked. I didn't realize until I heard my own voice that my teeth were clamped together, my hips straining against thrusting up against her. Freyja shook her head, batting her lashes. Her pink cheeks darkened as she looked down.

"Well, that male in the Hewn City. It didn't feel like a real kiss, though. I guess I don't know how it's meant to feel."

Fuck. It felt so wrong for her innocent words to harden my cock even more. I was straining against my pants. I'd never wanted someone like this. I'd never wanted someone purely for the sake of feeling them, touching them. Sex for me was a way to feel pain at my own hand, to distract myself from the ever growing thoughts that plagued me. Even though I wanted her like this, naive and curious, I wanted to ruin her.

I lifted my shaking hand, bringing it to her jaw. Freyja sucked in a breath, her eyes snapping up to mine. I lifted her chin with my thumb, watching as my finger ran over her skin. I wanted my gloves off.

"Azriel," Freyja murmured, already leaning in. I knew the moment my lips touched hers, I wouldn't be able to stop. I already felt my grasp on my control slipping. I didn't care, because my name on her lips sounded like the worst kind of promise. A promise of darkness, pain, and unadulterated lust. It sounded like the most beautiful thing I'd ever heard, except for when she moaned it.

I'd fallen into her trap, weaved of innocence and deceit. It was as though she looked into parts of my mind that I couldn't, knew what would have me over the edge. Freyja's other hand rose, her palm now more fit to my cheekbone. She rose on her knees, bringing herself higher and using her grip on my hair to tug my head back. If I hadn't known better, I would've thought she was experienced in this. Every fucking touch had my body craving more.

Her whiskey laced breath blended with mine as she leaned in. I didn't move. I wanted her to make this choice all on her own, even with my hand on her jaw. My hand slid back, leather gloves tangling into the knotted hair at the base of her neck. I could see with the way her eyes flickered from my mouth to my gaze, she was battling in her mind. I wanted to beg her not to, just so I could taste how my name sounded on her tongue.

Finally, fucking finally, she leaned in. It wasn't a surprise for her to jerk back with a gasp the moment her lips touched mine. It made me grin, but she had made her choice, so I tightened my grip on her hair and tugged her forward. Freyja didn't know how to kiss, I could feel that much. She held my face in such a gentle way, but didn't understand what it meant when I ran my tongue along her lips. Gods, even like this, she tasted of the sweetest redemption. She tasted like she could pull me from the darkness I'd lived in my whole life.

I shouldn't try to show her how I liked to be kissed. I shouldn't corrupt her, but Freyja lowered herself to my hips and rolled her own against me. I groaned, shifting myself up and catching her hip with my free hand. The large tunic she wore covered her thighs. I slid my hand up to hold her bare skin, even if I couldn't feel it. I bit down on her bottom lip, making her gasp.