twenty two - azriel

I stared down at the female beneath me, her dark hair a mess on the pillow and her cheeks pink with exertion. My gloved hand stroked my cock, frustration sending me over a violent edge as I shoved back away from the bed, running my hand through my hair. I let out a deep groan.

"Az, don't push it."

"I don't fucking pay you to talk," I spat, glaring at Flora over my shoulder. I'd given her three orgasms in hopes that I'd be ready by then. I hadn't been. I'd never had this problem, unable to get hard and lose myself in her warmth. It was my only other fucking release. Rhys took away the only other thing that brought me peace; banning me from killing in Windhaven. Flora had been my go-to other than that, but now my body seemed to refuse.

I clenched my teeth so hard my ears rang. I felt a gentle hand brushing over my wing, a shudder running down my spine. Flora stepped in front of me, her dark eyes full of concern.

"I've spent enough time with you to know when you're falling apart, Azriel. I know you only pay me for pleasure, but I can do other things. I am not just a body, you know. I have a mind, I can think, and I can listen," she said softly. I let out a sigh. I knew my words were harsh, but anger drug me down until all I could feel was the chill of my shadows and their disturbing hold. Even now, with her body bare and open to me, they chanted in the back of my mind.

"I didn't mean it like that. I have been under a lot of stress and I just fucking need peace," I spat. Flora's head tilted, dark waves falling over her shoulder and hiding the darker pink skin of her nipple- ones that were now red from my teeth.

"Have you been training? Maybe that's what you need. Maybe not sexual release but one from your muscles," she murmured. Despite her close proximity, she obeyed my orders to not touch me. I didn't know what I'd do if she did now. I'd been so wound up in the past three weeks, I couldn't fucking breathe.

"I've been training solo for a bit. I'll figure something out," I muttered. Flora offered a small smile and stepped back. I frowned. She'd always been so kind to me, and I've never treated her well outside of simple care after we finish. My throat felt dry as I stepped forward and cupped my hand behind her head, pressing a long kiss to her forehead.

"I'm sure I shouldn't expect to see you soon?" She asked as I stepped away and began gathering my clothes. I tossed coin onto the bed, wiped myself down with the wet cloths, and dressed myself.

"I don't know. I'm sure I'll be back," I muttered. Flora hummed and gathered the coin into her bedside drawer before pulling on a robe. I tried to force a smile but it felt horribly disgusting. With a sigh, I pulled open her door and marched out of the brothel.

I paid no attention to any of the people around me as I stepped into the alleyway and then through the shadow to Velaris. I savored the weightless feel of dropping through the sky before carrying myself to the House. In some strange luck, Cassian was on the training pad lifting heavy stone.

"Need some training. Long swords," I muttered, chucking the cloak from my shoulders and marching to the small shed to grab two swords. Cassian let out a heavy breath as he dropped his weight and turned to me.

"Good evening to you, too, brother. What makes you think I want to go up against you with a blade?"

I narrowed my eyes. He was shirtless and in torn loose pants. I was dressed. I saw the disadvantage and began stripping down. When I wore only my pants and gloves, I tossed the sword to him. Cassian cursed as he caught it by the hilt. I walked up, shifting my weight and getting into position. Cassian followed suit, bending his knees and putting his dominant leg forward.

I was exhausted. Since I'd slept in the cabin with Freyja a week back, I hadn't been able to sleep since. My body was breaking down and I needed to find a release for my discomfort before I lost my mind. More than I already have.