fifty four - azriel

You deserve this.
You're a failure.
A coward.
Pray he kills you.
Suffer an eternity with the choices you made.
Betrayer.

My breath hardly came. My hands were at my sides, a knee shoved into my abdomen as fists repeatedly slammed into my face. I was sure my nose was broken. I couldn't look him in the eye, not when I felt his tears mixing with the blood on my face.

"You're a fucking traitor," Rhys bit out, sealing his words with another hit to my jaw. I did not lift my hands, nor did I speak. I simply walked into his room and he was on me.

A sound I'd only ever heard from my victims left me, a gurgle deep in my chest. Black surrounded my vision as I stared at the wings my brother let out, the blackened veins stretching down his shoulder. Rhysand's hand circled my throat, my lashes fluttering as I looked to him. I'd look him in the eye if he killed me.

He cocked a fist back, blood dripping from his knuckles. His teeth were bared, canines elongated and tears streaming down his cheek. My lips parted but a rattling breath was the only sound that left me. Rhys sent his fist down, blinding pain stealing my breath and vision at the collide with my surely shattered cheekbone.

"Damn it, stop!"

Cassian's voice was muffled. I tried to open my eyes but I thought maybe they were swollen shut. Rhys didn't have the decency to take his rings off, though I don't think I deserved that kindness.

The weight of his body left my stomach, a wet breath filling my lungs. It made my breath catch, body curling in as I gasped and coughed. My brothers were shouting, the floor vibrating with steps. I couldn't breathe, I couldn't-

A hand shoved me fully onto my side, a punch landing between my wings. I arched, wheezing in a breath. Another cough left me and this time, my inhale was more clear. I shifted onto my forearm, hacking the blood that tried to fill my lungs.

"- arms were down! He didn't fight back!" Cassian's shout filled my ringing ears.

"He deserved it! He took her! He fucked her!" Rhys screamed, something hitting the floor from the wave of power that left him.

"He loves her!" Cassian argued. A deep shame filled me as I rested my head on my arm, back bowing as I sucked in another breath.

"As do I! As do you!"

"It is not the same, Rhysand. You understand that? I think- fuck- Rhys, they might be-"

"Don't finish that sentence," Rhysand spat. "If that were true, he wouldn't have put her in danger."

My breathing calmed, the air burning the splits in my lip. I tried to open my eyes only to realize my left was swollen shut. I could see a sliver of light, but it would pass. It shouldn't, but it would.

"He was trying to save her from danger. You know what's happening to her there, Rhys. You know what they've done to her. That wouldn't have happened if he kept her from Alcaeus."

"I don't care! If he didn't hide her away and fuck her, my father wouldn't have done that to her! He wouldn't have violated her!"

My eye squeezed shut at the reminder of what my Freyja was going through. It was a reprieve to have Rhysand's fists on me, but now I simply was in pain and agony at the thought of her. My muscles clenched, fighting my mind to go to the Spring Court. I'd kill them all. I would tear their-

A hand grabbed me by the hair, yanking my head back. I wheezed, fists clenching at the air against my wounds. My eye blinked open, seeing Cassian standing near the window, arms crossed. He had a look that reminded me of pity. It made me sick.