sick love {Ghost}

{mature}

You thought back on your life before the day you had first met him.
A life of freedom, and how it ended it for you.
All because of one man.

Simon Riley.

A man with a voice like a siren calling your name.

You could almost feel it even now.
His touch on your skin.
His cold fingers on your lips.

You heard his footsteps near the door, soon creaking open.

It was Simon, a charming and handsome young man, dressed in a sharp suit, his hair ruffled.

His eyes were as brown as the coffee stains on a white shirt, innocent and soft, yet you knew well they were far beyond being kind. He walked towards you, sitting on the bed next to you.

"Y/n, love."

He reached out a hand, resting it on your cheek. His touch was soft and caring, like a lover's. You could almost imagine he wasn't capable of the terrible acts of violence he committed.

If only.

His lips brushed up against your forehead, his breath tickling your skin.

"You do realize I'll never let you leave here, don't you y/n? You are mine. Forever and always."

His lips grazed you ear as he took in a deep breath. The perfume you used was intoxicating to him, like a drug.

A drug he absolutely loved.
A drug he refused to give up.

"Fucking hell, y/n. Wearing that perfume I really like, yeah?"

"...yes."

As much as you wanted to forget that this was man was a killer, a possessive and controlling man, you couldn't.

He had been nice to you so far.
So far.

Your eyes shifted away from, desperately trying to look anywhere but at him.

"Don't look away."

He held your cheeks in his hand and forced you to look into his eyes, the smile fading from his face.

"Don't you ever, ever look away again. Do you understand?"

"...I understand Simon..."

"Good. Good girl."

He gently stroked his hand across your jawline, brushing your lips lightly with his thumb.

"You're mine. Mine, mine, mine."

He kept repeating it, over and over. Like he needed to say it or you would disappear from his grasp.

"If anyone tries to take you away from me. I'll kill them. I'll fucking kill them."

You knew he wasn't light on his threat.

He kissed you gently, holding you so close. No sincerity could be found in his eyes as you met his gaze. Only a look that sent a cold shudder down your spine, like a snake sloping across the rocks, ready to strike.

"I love you, y/n. I love you so fucking much, yeah?"

He said it with such certainty, such conviction, that there could be no doubt. Her perfume, her scent, it was like a drug to him. Almost as good as whiskey.

"I love you too, Simon."

"Damn right you do. Can't do anything without me, can you?"

Lies.
Lies.
Lies.