taste of heaven pt 1 {Ghost}

For several years now, you have served in the church.
Temptations and sins no longer lingered in your mind.

Of course, that all changed when a certain man came seeking 'forgiveness' in the very church you served in.

"Forgive me, sister, for I have sinned."

You looked at the wooden lattice, barely able to distinguish his features in the dim light.

"It seems I lust after a woman," He continued, his grin heard through his words. "She's a lovely thing. So sweet and innocent. Even works in a church, you see."

Your fingers grasped the rosary hanging from your neck.
Could it be...that he was talking about you? There were few women that served in the church after all.

His voice was undeniable; too easy to recognize. He had visited far too many times when you served at the confessing booth, always confessing.

"She's beautiful, like an angel. Her skin is so fair, her voice like a song. She's mine in every way, but there's a problem, sister. There's always a fucking problem."

But they were small sins. Mediocre ones.
Something you could wave away without a thought or worry.

"She's too naive. Too stupid to realize that she's mine."

But now?
This was something you just couldn't ignore.

Your fingers gripping your rosemary. Your heart pounding out of your chest. He couldn't be talking about you. There was just no way.

"I'm a sinner, sister. I lust after this beautiful creature, and I think it's a sin for her to waste such beauty."

His fingers drummed against the wooden seat, his foot tapping against the floor as he let out an annoyed sigh.

"I have also done things, sister. Things to women that I shouldn't have. But can you blame me? They're such...interesting creatures."

"Are you confessing another sin?" You hoarsely whispered.

"Confessing?" He asked, his voice dripping with sarcasm. "How funny."

Your mouth dry and your throat hoarse.
You were sure your hands would bleed soon as you gripped your rosemary for dear life.

The only words you could think of at the moment were a silent prayer to the gods.
For protection.
For him to leave.
For anything.

For the sake of your sanity, you needed to get out of that confessional booth.

For the sake of your life, y/n.

"What is so amusing about it? You've—you've come seeking forgiveness, have you not?"

Your voice held the evident tone of fear as you tried your best to suppress it.

"Sister, I didn't come here to seek forgiveness. I came to confess, sure." He laughed as he went silent for a second. "Confessing my arse."

"You know what I love about this damn church? It's so welcoming to people like me. Sinners, adulterers, gamblers. You guys are so fucking pathetic."

As the words left his lips, the undeniable sound of the wood breaking filled your ears as he tore through the booth.

You fell to the floor, your wide eyes staring up at him as he loomed over you.

"But you guys are so fucking stupid too, you see. Sure, the gods might forgive these fools, these sinners. But they're tainted with sin, sister. They cant help but sin, even after they fucking begged for forgiveness."