tastes like strawberries pt 3 final {Ghost}

You never asked him about the mark you found on yourself. No thought of it as you waved it away.

'It's just a bug bite, that's all.' You told yourself.

As the weeks went by, his presence in your life became more and more of a normalcy. The mark you found was in the past, almost forgotten.

As far as you knew, it was just a bug bite.
Nothing more.
Nothing else.

"What brings you here? Did you lose a finger this time?"

"Are you wishing I did, love? Can't I just visit you?"

He was a man used to lying, and to doing so effortlessly. Why hadn't you caught on yet to his attempt to woo you, he didn't know.

"No, no, you can. It's just...strange to see you not here bleeding out."

You were so trusting, so kind.
It was almost amusing.

"No injuries today, no. Your coffee," he said as he handed it to you.

"Thank you."

A grateful smile on your lips as you took the cup, your fingers grazed his ever so lightly as you did so.

His breath hitched at your touch, a spark igniting in his gut.
He looked down at your hands, at how they gently touched, at how perfect this little moment fitted.
His heart thumped in his chest as he tried to steady his breath.

"It's nothing."

Simon said it so calmly as if his body was at odds with itself right now. One half of him told him to take you the moment you let your guard down. The other half fought against it.

It would be easy, of course.
There was no one here.
It was too early in the morning for any solider to come in seeking your help.

He imagined his hands wrapped around your body, his head laying against your neck, your skin against his.

A part of him wanted to, but he held back.
He knew there was a time and a place for everything.
This wasn't quite it, despite the perfect moment.

Still, he couldn't help but stare at you, his eyes drinking the sight of you in.

"Oh. I forgot to mention. Nathan asked me out the other day."

He paused, his eyes slightly widened at hearing you talk about someone other than him.

No, that was ridiculous.
You were his. No one else's.
And certainly not Nathan's.

"Oh he did, now did he?" He tried to keep his voice normal, failing somewhat. "What'd he say to you?"

"He asked me if I wanted to grab some drinks together after our shifts."

"And what did you say?" His jaw clenched under his mask as he watched you.

"I said yes. He's a nice guy, I'm single. So why not?"

"Why not? Yes? You agreed?" His ears burned to hear those words as he repeated them.

He tried to focus on the way your lips pursed and relaxed as you talked. He wanted to ignore the fact you had said another man's name on those lips of yours and not his own.

"Yes...I agreed. Is that a problem?" You looked up at him confused.

"He a fucking cheater. A man whore who sleeps around." He hissed out. "Everyone knows that, y/n."

He wanted so badly to kiss you.
Kiss off the idea of you and Nathan.
Kiss you back to him.

"That's not true."