traitor pt 1 {König}

Years of being a skilled soldier at Kortac. You had successfully weaseled into the group, earning the trust of the men, of König.

It was a shame that you didn't know. Your employer had long abandoned you after you gave them the information they needed.

You weren't needed anymore.
You were a stray dog to them.
König had finally caught you in your web of lies.

You sat in a cold damp room, your arms bound by chains, your face bloodied, clothes torn.

You knew well König didn't take traitors lightly.
Your very life rested in the palm of his hands.

The room was dimly lit. The shadows were barely visible. From the corner, a figure emerged into the light, the undeniable outline of the hooded shadow.

König.

His tall figure looking over you as he tilted his head at you. His combat gear stripped away, leaving him in his military clothes and his hood.

He looked at you, his brow furrowing as amusement laced his voice.

"What a shame, to have a girl so hübsch {as pretty} as you to do such dirty work."

You tried to move, the chains preventing you from escaping the chair you were so helplessly bound to.

The room cold and damp, a chill air passing your bruised body. You said nothing, only glaring forward as you stared at him.

"What am I to do with you, who's been abandoned by her own employer? Wie erbärmlich {how pathetic}."

You narrowed your eyes at him.
Your forehead trickling blood down your cheek. Your breathing raspy as you chest screamed in pain.

"I'm not saying anything."

You felt the sting of blood dripping down your forehead and the cold of the damp floor against your bare feet.

"It is a shame. You betrayed us. You betrayed me. And for what? I can only assume it was for money."

The harsh chain restraints bit into your wrists, the metal biting into tender skin.

"You're hardly the type to be a fanatic who would turn traitor for anything other than a payout. How much were they paying you to sell us out, y/n?"

You stayed silent, the floor spinning below you as you felt your vision body for what could only be the tenth time today.

"A grand? A half million?"

The shadows of the room swallowed him, shrouding his figure as he loomed over you.

"Let's try this again," he whispered. His voice was barely audible, the chains creaking as he tightened them around your wrists. "What were you being paid to give up? And to who?"

You held firm. Your tounge remained silent against the questions, no matter how many times he asked. The room danced in circles around you, the chain restraints biting deeper into your skin.

"Why won't you answer me, liebes?" he asked, his voice low and his eyes locked on yours.

The shadows swirled around you as if mocking the struggle you were having to stay conscious and to remain silent.

You felt the undeniable feel of his knife cutting into your thigh, the warm sensation of your own blood beginning to pool under you.

You struggled against the pain. Your body ached as you bit down on your lip to keep from screaming.

You tried to remain silent, to keep the information to yourself, though your sanity was on the brink of shattering altogether.

"I can do this all day. I have the time, y/n."

You could feel his breath on your face, his clothed lips barely touching your ear in his hushed voice.

"One word from you. One word. That's all I need and I'll stop. Make all this pain go away. We don't want your pretty face ruined, richtiger Verräter {right traitor}?"

You finally relented, unable to take anymore pain.
Your breathing was ragged, your chest heaving with each breath you took.
The searing pain of open flesh on your thigh a brutal reminder of your situation.

"The...Americans.."

"You sold us out to the Americans," his voice was almost tender, a promise of mercy, a sweet poison. "And what did they offer you in return?"

His whispers were back in your ear, his voice filled with amusement.

"And here I thought you were going to be difficult. You're practically ein offenes buch {an open book}. Let me guess. They offered you a new life, free and untraceable. A place to settle down, and a comfortable salary for your troubles."

You could only nod. The pain you were in overwhelming your senses. Every fiber of your being wanted to remain silent, to die in the silence you had managed to maintain for so long until now.

You were prepared to die.
That was, until König had other plans in mind.

"You're too cute to kill, y/n. Why not become mine? Sei mein kleines haustier, ja {be my little pet, yeah}?"

His voice was almost kind, offering you a way out, a way to live. It was something to consider. Your mind swam with the possibilities of this new reality, as if you wanted to deny the pain.

But the sting of your leg remained, and your mind swam with the pain of your injuries.

"Well?" he asked, the whisper in your ear sweet and quiet. "If you agree to become my pet, you don't have to be another body in the pile. Killed just like that. No one to know where your pathetic self went."

His offer too good to deny.
It shouldn't hurt to be a pet, right?
pet is something treated with love, with care.
But was König really capable of doing so?
A human being as a pet.

"I-I don't...I don't want to die, König."

You tried to keep your voice silent, tried to keep your mouth shut, but your senses were overwhelmed, your body torn between the pain and the promise of life.

"Wie niedlich {how adorable}." The sting of his voice was almost teasing in a way, the warm touch of his clothed lips against your cheek almost like a kiss.

"I must admit, I did think you would die without spilling a word. But look at you now. So pathetic. Just become my pet, y/n. My little bunny."

"Like...a barrack bunny?" You quietly said as you tried to keep your eyes open, the pain searing into your brain.

"Something like that. You might have to provide a service to the barracks from time to time," he said, the whisper in your ear tantalizing and cruel as ever. "But otherwise, you will be given food, water, shelter, and protection. Who knows, you might even grow to love it."

Living sounded better than dying.
This was your fate now, y/n.

"I'll-I'll do it."

König loomed you, the shadows almost enveloping him entirely. You couldn't see his face, but you could feel him smiling in the darkness.

"Smart choice, kleiner hase {little bunny}."

The last thing you saw before finally succumbing to the darkness were his cold blue eyes.

Best be prepared, y/n.
You're his pet now after all.
Sein kleiner hase {his little bunny}.