hook, line, and sinker pt 2 final {Ghost}

His eyes lingered over your lips, wondering how they would feel against his own.

Simon's mind couldn't help but fill in the gaps of his imagination of you, a sight he could never let go.

"If you're going to stay, I'll put you to work." You told him.

He only snorted in laughter, the whiskey making it sound all the more amused. He was enjoying himself too much to leave at this point.

"I'll work." Simon nodded, smiling like a child given candy.

The buzz from the alcohol mixed with the nicotine made him feel more than confident he'd would sweep you off your feet.

"I'll just need to earn your affection in the most literal sense then?" The smoke heavy in his lungs as he took another puff.

His eyes kept drifting down your body, to your legs. It was subtle, but it was enough to make his mind fill in the gaps of his imagination, giving him visions of what you would look like underneath your clothes.

"Affection? No. You'll be earning yourself a good reason for me to not kick you out."

"Kick me out, love. I doubt you'll find a better entertainment for yourself tonight than me."

His head tilted to the side at your words, making no effort to hide his smirk.

The idea of breaking your composure to such an extent would be worth any punishment you might deliver Simon thought.

"And what makes you think that?"

He took his time responding, dragging out the words as he looked you over, his brow in a teasing manner, his cigarette hanging limply in his mouth.

"Well, you haven't kicked me out." He smirked again."You said I wouldn't be staying, yet here I am, keeping you company." Simon was just enjoying himself too much. "I've got all night, y/n."

His voice held a touch of playfulness in his demeanor, a challenge of sorts.
You drew him in as a mechanic was drawn to a shiny new engine that needed to be torn apart and built back up.

Simon could be patient, his mother had taught him to be a gentleman.
But he did like to test the limits, especially with those that piqued his interest.

"Then start wiping down the tables."

A subtle hint of red on your cheeks as you threw the rag at him, only for him to catch it with ease.

"Yes, ma'am."

His were movements slow and deliberate as he smiled to himself, wiping down the tables you tasked him with.

Simon wasn't exactly trying to be annoying, but just the mere fact that he was doing what you asked was getting under your skin.
And he knew.
It only made it all the more funnier to him.

"What else do you want me to do, darling?"

His eyes remained on you throughout the entire exchange, even as you went back behind the counter and continued cleaning.

"Help me put these bottles on the top shelf."

Simon looked up to see what you were indicating. And as he saw the top shelf, his eyes were drawn to your hips.

"Don't need to ask me twice." A smiled on his lips as he made his way around the counter to stand behind you. You could practically feel it; his eyes running up your body.

"Are you just staring or are you going to help me?" You asked as you turned around, your head titling up to meet his gaze.

"A bit of both, darling."

His hands rested against the counter, both on either side of your body as he stared down at you.

It amazed him how he hadn't kissed you already.

"Enjoying the view then?"

"I won't lie to you, love," Simon looked you up and down, not hiding his admiration. "It's a bloody good view from where I stand."

"Eyes up here." A glare earned from you as you began to pass him the bottles.

As much as he wanted to fight it, he let his eyes drift upwards, keeping his gaze on your face.

"Anything you say darling."

As he put them away, Simon made sure to keep his body in close contact with yours. He smiled down at you, where you were now at the same level as his chest.

"You know, most women tell men to keep their hands off of them, yet here we are."

His comment ignored as an innocent smile on your lips made way onto your face.

"How's Gaz doing?"

"Nice try." His focus was unwavering as you tried a diversionary tactic to avoid the inevitable. "Don't worry your pretty head about Gaz. Worry about me, love."

His fingers slid around your waist, his touch lingering there as he made sure you didn't miss it.

"I can call the police, have you arrested." Your hips were pressed against the counter bar, your head tilted up to meet his playful smile.

"That so?"

Simon's lips were getting antsy.
How far could he go?
How long could he look at you like he wanted to worship you with his lips?

Not very long, that was for certain.

He hoisted you up onto the bar as you sat on it, your feet dangling.

"Very so. I don't appreciate men touching me so carelessly."

"Ah. I'm sorry, I was just trying to get a better view of you." His eyes locked onto yours, his thumb rubbing your hip. "Do you give me permission, love?"

"Permission for what?"

Your voice a breathy whisper.
His mouth dangerously close.
Too close.

"Permission to touch you, of course."

"I'm not a car for you to touch so shamelessly you know."

He smiled, amused at your attempt to remain in control. Your words seemed direct, yet your actions said you were losing the battle of wits.

"Never said you were, darling."

"You were implying it."

His fingers curled around your hips as he pushed himself closer to you, leaning in so his mouth was nearly on your lips.

"I'm implying that I want to touch you until you begged me to stop, darling. But I am a gentleman, so with that being said, can I kiss you instead?"

"A gentleman?" You laughed.

"A gentleman." He confirmed.

The smile playing at the corner of his mouth was enough to send shivers down your spine as your heart skipped in its rhythm.

"What do you say, love? Give this poor man a kiss."

It was hard to say no.
He had you.
Hook, line, and sinker.

The space between you had narrowed to no more than half a foot.
Your mind couldn't decide whether or not to pull away.

So you stayed there, lips barely parted in your hesitation. His face was only an inch or two from your lips as his breath tickled your skin.

"Just a kiss?"

In this game of chicken, it seemed he had won.

"Just a kiss."

Your lips were intoxicating the same way a drink could make him lightheaded.

Simon was going to be sure to enjoy every second you allowed him the privilege to be in your presence.