one last act {Ghost}

You were too pure, too kind for this cruel, cruel world.

You were one of the few who could hear the blessings of the gods. You were a divine blessing to the people, to the Temple.

Perhaps that was why Simon just couldn't stand by idly and let you live out your life peacefully.

He was a sly, cunning man who sought out the things he wanted.

And you just happened to be the very thing he wanted.

His words were as sweet as honey. Beautiful and irresistible to the ears. But his eyes were cold and his smile full of malice.

No amount of hope, determination and courage could beat the inevitable.

You were his.
And so help the gods, he wouldn't stop until you were.

Because after all, it was one last dance on the grand stage, before you bowed and the curtains fell, leading you to your everlasting, pitiful life he had in mind for you.

A cold wind blew into the Temple. A shiver running down your spine. The sky fell dark, the candles that once burned bright now fell extinguished.

Your white dress danced on your body with each movement you took, your hair decorated in beautiful flowers.

And your piercing red eyes, proof of the gift you held.

You felt the air grow colder, more chilling. The ground trembled beneath your feet. Yours eyes fixated on the man who approached you so painfully slow, like a predator ready to pounce on its unsuspecting prey.

He was tall and broad, his muscles rippling, a face that belonged in a Renaissance painting.

His footsteps echoed in your ears as he finally approached you, his hands resting behind his back, a mocking smile on his lips.

"Have you come seeking forgiveness?"

Your voice a mere whisper. Even in the midst of a man like him, you held your head high, performing your loyal duties to the Temple, to the gods you were blessed to hear.

Your eyes fell to the top of his head; a crown of black feathers resting on his head. His eyes shine an otherworldly red.

They were painfully identical to your own.

"Forgiveness? How interesting." He chuckled.

He found your innocence so amusing.

He leaned forward, his shadow almost touching your frail body.

"Unfortunately for you, I do not require you or your pathetic gods for their forgiveness, nor do I seek it."

A smirk wide on his face, his fangs gleam in the dim light as a wicked smile crossed his lips.

"Are you that curious to know why I'm here, little dove?"

You have heard of the rumors around the Temple. A man so evil, not even the demons in hell wanted him there. Spit out of from the underworld, forced to walk the earth in an everlasting cycle. A undeniable crown of feathers. Angel wings, tainted black in his blood.

"It is not in my nature to ask for other people of their business, nor their reasons to come to the Temple."

"People? You think of me as a mere human being? A weak and vulnerable man?"

His voice ran through your blood; rough and gravelly. It was as if a rock was being pulled through the ground, the air rippled around him, as if his very presence distorted the very laws of nature.