mafia au pt 2 {Ghost}

"Tell me what happened, love."

Her breath quickened as the tips of my fingers slid down from her wrists to her palms, her eyes closing as her head tilted slightly upwards to me.

My god, was this all it took?

A bit of finger work to make her feel good?
Fucking hell.
All I had to do was be a little tender and she would fall to her knees at my command if I ever asked.

"...promise you won't get mad at me." She said.

"I'll decide if I get mad. Now spit it out." I leaned in, letting that goddamn perfume of hers fill my mind.

Fuck, she always wore it.
What the hell was it called?

"...Theo is here, my father's friend's son," She paused, her eyes flickering to mine, studying my reaction. "...and my father is demanding I marry...that I marry Theo."

"You marrying?" My voice a low murmur as I pushed her up against the wall, my hands clasping against hers as I held them up.

I imagined her in a white dress.
A flowing one with lace.
An expensive one, knowing her.

"Why the hell would they even consider getting your arse hitched?"

I imagined her eyes begging for me to make her come as her dress sat on her hips, her legs spread for me, mouth open—

Fuck me. I should marry her. Put a ring on her finger.

She barely managed to answer me, her voice faltering as my lips found their place on her neck. "—fuck—I don't know..." Her head leaned against the wall with a small groan.

"Well, isn't this just a fucking mess," I murmured. "And you came crying to me about all this?"

She needed me.
Whether she liked it or not, she needed me.

"Don't you see? They want you dead—" another groan left her lips. "The marriage would...signify an alliance between the families...they kill you..."

So they were using her as a plaything to get rid of me.
How cute.
This wasn't the first time they took their shots at me, but this was definitely the funniest shit they've tried yet.

"Should I just kill your father then?"

It was a serious question. I had no remorse about killing anybody who threatened my position, anybody who threatened to take her away from me.

"W—what?" She sputtered out.

I paused as I looked at her eyes again. She looked almost relieved, yet I saw the fear in her eyes, the worry that I would really do it.

And I would.
Anything for her.
Anything for my sweet, sweet girl.

"Are you deaf? I said I'll kill him for you. Your old man."

"What? Simon, you can't—"

"What do you say? I have my ways, love. A good ol' bullet in the head, the 'accidental death', stuff him in oil drum and toss him into the ocean? Well shit love, I can even do it publicly for you."

She tried to wiggle away from me, her eyes wide with horror at the thought of me doing something so drastic for her, even if she did want it.

"Simon!"

"Don't get all shy on me now, doll. You're the one who keeps asking me for help."

She'd make a good actress.
Yeah, she would've.
Maybe if she never got caught up in this shitty life, in my life.

"You can't just—you can't kill him!"

"Why not? Im being a fucking gentlemen and helping you out."

"Helping me out—Simon, that's murder!"

She was struggling to get out my grasp, yet I stayed put. Her breathing picked up again, her heart beating so bloody fast.

"So? Just say the goddamn words."

It was always easy, making someone's heart beat fast same as it were slowing it down. Permanently.

"What?"

"I want to hear you say it, doll. That you want me to kill your fucking father."

"S—Simon, I can't...it's wrong I—"

Shit —this was so fucking funny.

"Wrong? Don't give me this bullshit of right and wrong. You've never known right from wrong in your entire life. So let's not pretend you have morals."

"I have morals. More than you do."

"Sure you do, darling."

I smiled, it was cute, this routine was always entertaining. Her acting as if she hadn't caused the deaths of other men herself.

"For fuck's sake, look at me, look at my eyes and say 'Simon, I want you to murder my father, I don't want to marry a prick like Theo'."

"I can't!"

How long could she hold her composure?
How long before she broke down?
It was always a game of chicken with her.
How far could we go before she caved like a little girl?

"Say it. I know you want to."

"I- I can't just say that to you, Simon."

She let out a small sound as few tears ran down her cheeks. Times like this I wish she was more like me.

Cold, heartless, and manipulative.
Not an emotional roller coaster.

Yet there were times I needed her to be herself.
I needed her to be weak, emotional, dependent on me, and only me.

"You either say it now, or I leave you to deal with your problems. Who'll save you then?"

"No! I—" She wiped her tears, a firm look on her face.

Yes, yes.
My girl was caving in.
Atta girl.
Say the words.
Say the goddamn words.
You need me.
I need you.

"Simon, I want...I want you to get rid of my father..."

Oh, would you look at that.

"Say it properly."

"You fuc—fine. I want you to kill my father! There! I said it!"

My little doll needs me. Me.

A smile lit up my face as I stared down at her.
Like always, she gave in to me as I watched her expression change dramatically. Her eyes seemed to grow angry as they focused on me.

"Any preferences? Anything my doll asks of me."

"I—"

She was stuttering, trying to think on the fly. She was never the brightest bulb in the chandelier sometimes. Her anger tended to get the best of her.

"I don't care how, just get rid of him..."

Yes.
I'll get rid of him.
My sweet girl, you can only rely on me, can't you?

You're mine, not Theo's.
Not your father's. No one's.
Mine, mine, mine.

She was mine to save, mine to destroy.

"Your wish is my command."