only he cares about you pt 1 {Ghost}

Her.

That's what they came to call you before they recused you.
Not 'the hostage'.
Not 'the prisoner'.
Not even 'the girl'.
Just 'her'.

To Simon it made sense. Somehow.
You've been held hostage for so long.
Too broken and scarred to return to your old self, reduced to being called 'her', not by your real name.

It was so funny in his opinion.
So fucking funny.

The fact that you thought that even the worst of the soldiers would show even some form of sympathy after seeing what you'd been through.

They didn't care.
Not even your family.
Of course, only Simon did.
Just in a twisted way.

You never even realized what kind of person Simon Riley really was when he took you in, when he hid your existence from the rest of the world.

"I'm not hungry."

You bitterly said as you turned your head away from him. The clothes he gave you were too big for your body as they hung so loosely off you.

Simon didn't mind.
He like seeing you in his clothes after all.
Your body struggling to fit in the gapping holes.

"You're not hungry?" He scoffed out.

"No."

He'd done everything he could think of to make you comfortable. Gave you extra blankets to keep off the cold, bought you good food that you refused to eat half the time.

"Bullshit. You didn't even eat anything this morning."

"I'm not hungry."

He even made sure the chain holding you down wasn't too tight, that you could stand and walk around a bit.

But you just kept looking so sad and tired.
Kept acting so stupid, refusing his kindness, his adoration for this woman that no one even liked.

At least, that's was Simon saw it as.
Love. Kindness. Adoration.
Who knew.
It began to blur between the lines of over obsession now.

"For fucks sake, can't you just eat? You look like a goddamn stick.

"You probably poisoned it."

Oh boy.

Here we go with that poisoned food bullshit.
How funny that you thought he would poison you. After all the lengths he went through to bring you back to his home?

As if.

Simon stood up to his feet, his feet creaking on the wooden floor as he rose from his chair.

"Poison? For fucks sake, y/n. Why would I poison the food? I need you alive, idiot." You were starting to piss him off.

You shifted back in the bed, attempting to make a distance between him and you.
It was pointless.
The chain around your leg only have you enough space to lay down, not hide.

"How should I know?" You hissed out.

Simon leaned down to you as he got close, too close for comfort.

Even with all the fear of what he would do, you couldn't help but see just how closely Simon was paying attention to every detail of you.

"If I wanted you dead, I would've left you for dead, love."

"Do it, then. Kill me. What a story that will be. A beloved soldier murders a girl he had locked up in his home for god knows how long!"

Simon laughed as his head tilted back.
He laughed at the idea that anyone would even care what happened to you in the first place.