PROLOGUE

12 YEARS AGO

„I promise you, I will come visit you one day", the five year old Mion told her little friend when she kissed the small animal sitting beside her on the head, already hearing her father scolding her for it

I promise you, I will come visit you one day", the five year old Mion told her little friend when she kissed the small animal sitting beside her on the head, already hearing her father scolding her for it.

The little girls father was a renowned investigator. Some would call him and his crew expeditors, inquisitors or even historical treasure hunters. But they weren't pirates. They earned their money, they didn't steal it. That's why people liked seeing them and enjoyed their stay when they arrived in their towns, especially Mion's father was a man who's liked by many for his compassion and his warm heart.

The little girl jumped up from her place with a small smile and rushed back on deck of her father's ship, seeing the cat waiting on the landing. She waved at it with a giggle, before she looked over to the group of men, that was currently investigating a couple of things they found at sea.

Mion's father immediately locked eyes with the blonde and send her a warning look to which the little blonde giggled again. Mion knew the rules but she loved animals and the cat was too cute to not pet. She ran over to the group of expeditors and pulled on their pants to signal that she wanted to get through to her father and the men let her pass with a chuckle.

„You remember what paps told you, Mimi? Don't leave the ship without one of us. It can be dangerous. A pirate could come and snatch you up just like this", the man picked up his daughter and started tickling her.

The crew got introduced to Rius Otis as a strong-willed and skilled man but whenever Mion is around they see a different side to their leader, which they wouldn't dare to make fun of. The little girl has all of them wrapped around her finger and they wouldn't deny it. Every earned giggle was music to the crew's ears.

The members of Rius Otis' expedition team have heard of their leaders' wife tragic passing, it was a surprise to all of them and affected them deeply. Rius was grateful for their support and he was thankful to have a crew that was so keen on making his little darling feel her best. She was still too young to understand what happened to her mother, she believed she was just on an adventure with her father, but because of that the man dreaded coming home. Sooner or later he would have to make Mion understand that her mother wasn't going to come back to them.

Everyone loved the little ball of sunshine so it didn't take much persuasion to let his team agree to bringing her. Mion was an easy-going child and the members of her fathers expedition crew were grateful for that, not that they didn't enjoy her company and her bright and carefree aura, but they worried for her well-being as the sea is a dangerous place to be at. So they wanted to make sure Mion understood why rules were important for her.

The blonde wasn't supposed to join her father on this expedition in the first place, but with her mother's sudden passing, the man had no other choice, but to bring her. He tried his best to give the little girl the life she deserved, but he didn't feel comfortable with the little girl being left in their mansion with a few nanny's. She was his light at the end of a dark tunnel and the only thing he had left of his wife, so he wanted to keep her close at all times.

„Come little squid, I will prepare some dinner for you, you must be hungry", Kaiko, the group's chef said as he held out his hand for the young girl to hold. Rius was grateful as the team had a lot to discuss and plan still.

The crew watched as the little girl excitedly told the chef about her new furry friend and kept their eyes on them, until they disappeared in the ship.

„Mate, she looks just like Hanita. You're lucky to have her. This little girl is worth more than gold", one of the members said and Rius' head turned at the mention of his wife. It still pained him to hear her name, the wounds on his heart beyond repair, so he simply nodded.

„That's why as soon as we arrive home I will make sure that my little girl will never have a worry in her life. She is the only thing that matters."

With that, the man turned back to the map, planning out their route for the weeks to come and discussing their plans of action with his new-found family.

___

You guys, I am so excited for this story. I hope you will love it as much as me as I have LOVED the live action remake, I had my doubts but it was better than I expected. It surprised me to say the least. I completely fell in love with Taz and that's why I decided to give Sanji a love interest. Feel free to like and comment as those things always make me happy af ◡̈