CHAPTER FIVE

Nami let out a huff as soon she saw Luffy walk through the door with Zeff in tow and grimaced when she saw Mion follow behind with Sanji on her arm

Nami let out a huff as soon she saw Luffy walk through the door with Zeff in tow and grimaced when she saw Mion follow behind with Sanji on her arm. They needed a doctor, not a cook. When the ginger voiced her thoughts out loud, Mion walked over and put a reassuring hand on her upper arm, knowing how the girl worried for the green haired boy still sprawled out on the kitchen island unconciously. Mion was convinced that the man knew what he was doing by the way he immediately ordered Luffy and Sanji to bring him specific things.

"Is that to sterilize the wound?", Usopp asked staring at the man, dumbfounded by the bottle of liquor that he unpacked. The man just laughed as he unscrewed the cap and took a big gulp of it. "That would be a waste of liquor"

As they got to work on Zoro's wound, Mion overlooked the procedure. She trusted them to know what they were doing, but she can't help herself, knowing a few things about first aid herself. The blonde furrowed her brows as the thick needle pierced Zoro's skin, but she knew it was the only possible option for him.

The rest of the crew watched expectantly, the worry for their friend clear in their expression. While Mion also worried for Zoro, her eyes still wandered over to a certain blonde male, their eyes meeeting from time to time and if it wasn't for the situation that they were in, Mion would've blushed, responding to Sanji's wink, instead she just looked away, trying hard not to smile. Nami watched the exchange happening and elbowed Mion slightly, not liking the two acting like that when her friend was dying.

As soon as Zeff finished stitching up Zoro and laid some fish skin on the wounds, the group collectively let out a breath.

"It's an old seaman's trick, the fish skin helps staunch the wound and heals the flesh a lot faster.", Zeff explained, taking a step back from the kitchen island.

"Is he gonna be okay?", Usopp asked worriedly and Mion looked back at him, wondering the same thing as he already lost a lot of blood. Zeff let out a sigh, making Mion turn back around to look at the man.

"Look, I'm not gonna lie to you. He lost a lot of blood. It might be too late for him"

"But it might not be", Luffy argued and Mion realized it was the first time he said something in a while. It must take a huge toll on the younger boy to see his friend like this.

"He's got one foot in each world right now, caught between life and death. You have to find a way to keep him tethered to our world. Talk to him, tell him stories. Sing him sea shanties for all I care. He may not reply, but atleast he'll know his crew is still with him.", Mion gulped at the thought of Zoro actually dying while she was with them and a heavy feeling overcame her. The blonde was wondering if she was part of the crew now, she may not be. Was she included in the man's idea of their crew?

As Usopp, Nami, Sanji and Luffy brought the stitched up Zoro over to his cabin, Mion was unsure of her place and stayed in the kitchen for a while, silently watching the man as he cleaned up his utensils and put them back in his basket that him and Sanji brought. It seemed like he didn't notice the girl staying back, so it gave her some time to think. The girl was unsure of talking to him, wondering if she should bring up the picture she had of him. Before Mion could drown in her own thoughts though, the man looked up from his place at the kitchen island, catching her gaze.