CHAPTER TWENTY ONE

Word got out over a ball being held at the Otis' for the youngest' birthday since Rius sent out Mirianne to spread the word and the preperations have been in full swing ever since

It's been roughly over a week since Mion and the crew arrived back home and there were merely two days until the ball was to be held on Mion's eighteenth birthday. While the girl was excited to turn eighteen, she was not looking forward to the ball.

Mion was currently sat in her room with Callista and Nami, looking through dresses that were sent out from one of the most prestigious dress makers in Mary Geoise and while Callista was over the moon at the sight of all the different cuts and colours neither Mion nor Nami could really hide their discomfort.

"So...this was your life until you met us? Silk dresses ordered to your doorstep, fresh flowers being delivered to your room every morning while the kitchen prepares your favorite dishes?", Nami questioned and Mion knew she had no bad intentions, instead a little smirk was displayed on the ginger's lips as she brushed a hand over a dress layed out on Mion's bed.

"I guess...", Mion replied with a sigh and looked over at Callista, who was stood in front of a floor length mirror, holding a burgundy colored dress up to her body. The raven haired girl turned around to sent both Mion and Nami a pointed look, before she hung the dress back on the rack that was wheeled into the bedroom by a maid a few minutes prior.

"Hello, can you two cheer up? There will be a ball! It will be wonderful. It might not be for you, but it's the perfect opportunity for us to find our prince charming, although I have my eyes on a certain green haired swordsman", Callista spoke to Mion before she strutted over to Nami to interlock their arms, letting out a dreamy sigh at the thought of Zoro.

Mion couldn't contain her giggles as she imagined what Zoro's reaction to that declaration would be like and stood up from her place on the sofa. She missed Callista's bluntness dearly, but she could tell that Nami was still getting used to it, judging by the helpless expression on her face so Nami decided to help the girl out.

"How many times do I have to tell you that I'd much rather celebrate in private, with my dad and all of you. I don't need a big celebration or guests. Just thinking of Papa being out with the boys makes me panic", Mion argued and wondered if they were going to be fine alone with her father.

Mion wasn't even sure that her father had fully accepted the crew, so she was rightfully anxious when Mirianne suggested that he'd take them suit shopping. Her father was fine with Nami, since she had been helping around the house and had a few talks with him about her past, which was not the best idea originally, but part of who she was and he respected her for what she had sacrificed. When it came to the boys, Rius couldn't bring himself to show them the same sentiment yet. He had a personal vendetta against Sanji for obvious reasons and while Usopp and Zoro were steadily growing on him, Luffy — being Luffy — drove him up the wall sometimes.