CHAPTER TWENTY FOUR (FINALE)

From the moment Mion laid her eyes on Milo Daboux standing in a corner, sipping on some red wine with a cunning smirk, all she saw was red

From the moment Mion laid her eyes on Milo Daboux standing in a corner, sipping on some red wine with a cunning smirk, all she saw was red. She couldn't let this day be ruined by some condescending idiot.

Mion brushed past a dozen panicking guests, a determined look on her face as she was halfway through the ballroom, when a hand wrapped around her biceps and turned her back around. She came face to face with Zoro who seemed to be the only one that was able to follow her in all the chaos that was taking place.

Usually, having the marines around would enable a feeling of safety in most townspeople that lived in Mary Geoise, but the butler that was sliced through the chest and left to stumble over the railing of the entrance staircase, made most guests stop in their tracks, letting out panicked screams of their own after hearing the pained and utterly heart-wrenching scream that ripped through the butler's throat right before his death.

The green haired boy stared at Mion intently for a few seconds and they just looked at each other. He could see the fear in the girl's eyes, but he could also see the pain that has mutated into fiery anger directed at a certain someone. Zoro could see every little emotion she was feeling pouring straight out of her and while he was affected by it, he couldn't let her live out her rage. It would do more bad than good and he was sure of it.

"He's not worth it", he spoke in the softest, most understanding tone he could muster and pulled the girl back over to the crew and her father that were now joined by Mirianne, Callista and the youngest, clutching onto her mother's leg with wide eyes.

The two found their place amidst their crew members, Mion immediately grabbing Sanji's hand as her father took a step closer to her from behind, earning a worried glance from his daughter.

By now, the ensemble had stopped playing, frozen in fear as most other guests that hadn't yet escaped through the open doors of the veranda were rushing to get as far away from the marines as possible.

It was very clear what their surpising visit was about when the marines came to a halt in front of the crew, meeting them in the middle of the room with the rest of the townspeople waiting for the events to follow with fear stricken glances.

While Mion wasn't exactly sure what was going on, a glance to the left told her that Zoro, Usopp, Nami and Luffy were stood expectantly, sure of what was to follow. The blonde also noticed how the head of the marines seemed to be focused on Luffy, with a shorter pink haired marine staring almost apologetically.

If it came to a fight, Mion wouldn't be able to stay optimistic. They would loose. There were too many marines to take on by hand, all of them clad in their uniforms with weapons ready to be aimed and loaded. Zoro, nor Nami had their weapons, both of them having stored them in their respective rooms, feeling no need to carry them around in the safety of the Rius' mansion, but now Mion feared it would be the reason something bad would happen.