CHAPTER EIGHTEEN

Sitting around the huge dinner table, the straw hats were almost ecstatic to see it filled with the most mouth-watering delicacies, some that were made by Mirianne and some being imported from all over the world

Sanji, being Sanji, couldn't help himself and offered Mirianne his help multiple times. At first she was opposed to the idea, but she warmed up to the boy after the fourth attempt, seeing how he just grabbed a kitchen towel, threw it over his shoulder and followed her around the huge kitchen all the while being respectful and most of all helpful.

Mirianne was surprised to see him actually know what he's talking about and after telling her all about his story on how he worked as a chef — which was a half truth that Mion couldn't help but chuckle at— Mirianne seemed to have grown a liking to the blonde boy.

Mion watched their interactions from the breakfast bar, a huge smile present on her features. She could hear the rest of the crew behind her, already seated and conversing with Callista. Both Luffy and Usopp have taken a liking in the bubbly girl, much like they have with Mion herself, what suprised the blonde was that she actually got along with Nami as well.

It filled Mion with happiness to see Nami finally letting her guard down for once, joking along with the raven haired girl who was currently telling the crew how she pranked Mion once.

"Don't get lost in your thoughts, doll. The food is done", Sanji pulled the girl out of it by placing his free hand on her shoulder, letting it slide down slowly, while his other hand was holding what seemed to be the last plate of food.

Mirianne was rushing to put away some cleaned utensils, so that she wouldn't have to do it later, when she noticed the pair. The fondness in both of their expressions was telling the older woman a few things and she was surpised to see the blonde girl lean into his touch like she was already used to it. The maid raised a brow in suspicion but decided to stay quiet, following the two to the table.

At the sight of Callista getting along with Mion's friends, the older woman decided to let her have dinner with them. Usually, Mirianne and her two daughters would have their own dinner in the maid's quarter, which was like their own little apartment. She was grateful for everything the Otis family did for her and her children, especially when she knew how other maids or slaves are being treated in Mary Geoise, but dining with them was something she never thought of doing. She didn't want to oppose.

"No, Mirianne, please stay, dine with us. You did all of this wonderful food for us so please enjoy it with us too", Mion spoke as the woman was about to leave. She turned around to find the rest of the guests nodding along enthusiastically.

Reluctantly, Mirianne agreed and joined them after waking up Dayani from a nap. When she arrived back in the kitchen with the girl on her arm, she was delighted to find Sanji putting down two more sets of dishes. She thanked the boy who sent her a grin as she sat down.

Mion immediately set her eyes on Dayani, who was looking around nervously as she was still shy to find so many people around. The blonde was seated across from her with Sanji on her right and Luffy next to him. Next to Dayani was Mirianne and then Callista, who was oh so coincidently seated next to Zoro. Next to an irritated Zoro was Usopp with Nami across from him, completing the table.