A LETTER FROM MION

Dear papa, 

Dear papa, 

by the time Mirianne has given you this letter I suppose I'll be long gone and I hope you won't be too mad at me.

I want to start off by saying I didn't run away from home because of you or anyone else, I simply needed to get away from Mary Geoise. I know I should treat it as my hometown, but the only reason I ever felt at home was because you where there and now that you're away most of the time there was nothing holding me here. It's suffocating to live the same day over and over again with the only thing to look forward to is your arrival. I can't wait around for my happinesss anymore.

 Please don't be mad at Mirianne or Callista, trust me they tried to get me to stay, but my heart told me I should go out and see the world.

I know that you've always tried to protect me with everything you do, but how will I know what you've been keeping me safe from without ever seeing it? I barely remember the things I saw out at sea from when you took me with you so I have to make my own experiences. I need to know what life has in store for me.

You always taught me the wrongs from rights, but most of all you taught me to follow not only my instincts but also my heart and this is what my heart desires. I can't promise you that I'll come home, I don't know if I ever get the chance to that's why I'm asking you to not get mad at me.

I'm not a little bird you can keep in a cage for the rest of it's life, this birdie needs to spread it's wings and learn how to fly. I read that in a book once. It was a love story and it reminded me a lot of you and Mama. I've been wondering if I would ever find love like that, sweet, pure but deeply profound love. I know I'm around the same age mama was when she met you.

I know she'll be watching over me, so don't stress too much papa. She'll protect me for now.

I'll be living with the consequences of my actions proudly, because I'd rather risk my life out there and see the world than read about it for the rest of my life without ever having gotten a taste of it.

Just know that I love you dearly and I will tell you all about my adventures when I get back.

Much love,

your Mion x