CHAPTER TWO

„Who the hell is Monkey D

„Who the hell is Monkey D. Luffy"

As soon as Mion made out the owner of the voice, a brief chuckle left her lips. The group of four that she has spotted earlier on seemed to be followed by trouble, similar to the blonde herself and it humored her just a little.

The man who was now stood in front of their table had his back turned to Mion and it gave her a chance to check out the group that has grabbed her attention multiple times throughout the evening. A man with green hair, another man with dark skin and a huge smile on his lips and a boy with a straw hat. He seemed so out of place with his child-like features and his bright eyes, Mion guessed he was younger than the others. As she inspected the group, Mion somehow met the eyes of the orange haired girl once again and although the unknown girl kept her brows furrowed and sent Mion a confused glance, the blonde sent her a small grin. Mion didn't know why she did it, they didn't know each other and the other girl was probably weirded out by her, but Mion was convinced that a little politeness could go a long way.

"You seem to be confused about the rules of the house, but Baratie doesn't offer credits. You eat, you pay.", the man stated and his authoritative voice reminded her a lot of her fathers. As much as she knew that snooping in other's businesses was rude, she couldn't help herself. Her eyes wandered to the man's wooden leg, wondering what happened for him to lose his leg.

Mion followed their conversation and listened in on how the boy has called himself the future king of the pirates. Eventhough the use of the term pirate momentarily made the girl frown,  she forced herself to not laugh out loud, not understanding how the young boy could talk so casually to the man, who was about ready to rip his head off.

Mion was suprised how someone could confidently barge into a restaurant like that with not a single Berry to his name. Mion had her eyes on their table for a while and noticed the huge amounts of food the group had ordered. The man, who seemed to be the owner was rightfully angry, Mion believed. As much as the whole ordeal amused her, and how much she admired the young boy's positive attitude, she disliked the fact that straw hat boy called himelf a pirate,immediately growing wary of her idea to ask the group for their help.

In a matter of seconds the boy was hoisted up by his shirt by the angry man and before anything could happen, Mion rushed over to the table, slapping a few dozen bills on their table.

"I'll pay their bill in full", she blurted out as the groups eyes wandered over to her. The man's grip on the young boy momentarily faltered as he took a look at Mion, his eyes widening.

"Little squid?", he asked in disbelief, his voice a lot quieter than moments ago. It was Mion's turn to be surpised, confused as to how this unknown man knew her old nickname. The girl tensed, not sure how to react, was she supposed to know this man? There were only two people who called her that, her father and Keiko, her father's chef, so how did he know it?

"H-How do you know my— ?", she uttered but got interrupted by the man himself, who now wore a small grin on his lips. Something about his beard seemed familar to Mion, now that she focused on him, but she couldn't put her finger on it.