CHAPTER SIXTEEN

Seeing the town she grew up in back on the horizon filled Mion with loads of mixed emotions

Seeing the town she grew up in back on the horizon filled Mion with loads of mixed emotions. She was dreading seeing her fathers reaction to the straw hats, but deep down she missed him dearly and couldn't wait to see him. No matter how much she tried, she would always miss her father and wait until she could see him again.

It took the crew around two weeks to sail all the way to Mary Geoise, due to a little stop that had to do with a certain pirate crew. Mion was never one to enjoy violence, but seeing the pirates that abandoned her and stole her things get beaten to a pulp by her friends— it did elicite some euphoric feeling and well deserved revenge in the blonde girl. While most of her stuff was already sold or thrown away, like some of the men have cried out before Zoro made them shut up, a few dresses and belongings could be retrieved.

The crew made the blonde promise to stay on the ship, while they had their go at the crew, simply because they wanted to do it for Mion and while she complained, she complied and was met with the sight of Sanji holding a huge bag of her belongings and bringing them over to her that day.

It wasn't like she desperately needed the things back, but it gave her some sense of closure and it delighted the girl that her crew was willing to do that for her.

The straw hats were currently docking the ship, having arrived at the port of Mary Geoise and since the city itself was upstream, they had quite the journey ahead of them to get to the center of it. Luffy and Usopp were against leaving the Going Merry, but knew that there was no way to get it any closer, so they had to leave it behind with a heavy heart to take on the rest of the journey by foot. Nami basically had to force them to be reasonable.

"So, where exactly do we go from here?", Usopp spoke up as the six exited the port, all of them having some kind of bag or luggage to carry, since their plan was to stay for a few days. He looked around to find nothing but a steep incline, that disappears into the sky with dozens of clouds hiding what seems to be the town of Mary Geoise.

"We have to take a bondola to get to the city, from there it's a two hour walk", Mion explained briefly and could already see Usopp glancing at her warily. Luffy was looking towards the submarine like boat that Mion had pointed out with excitement.

"Does it fly?", Nami asked the blonde with a raised brow, not having understood the concept quite yet, but Mion just smiled.

"Kinda, but it also just floats up stream, so it's kinda just working like a regular ship. You'll enjoy it", Mion added as she motioned for the rest of the straw hats to follow her. Other than the slaves working at the port there weren't many people there, but the crew still got odd looks, making the blonde cautious.

As they arrived at the bondolas, Mion turned around to look at her friends and spoke in a hushed tone as to not alert the people working the bondolas.

"Act as inconspicious as you can, please. It's important. We can't let them know what you guys really do. Just be quiet and for once, let me do the talking", Usopp, Zoro and Nami nodded, understanding that the matter seemed to be serious.