CHAPTER THREE

"So all that brought you here, to the Baratie? I would call that fate, doll", Sanji joked, earning a giggle from the blonde that made his heart skip a beat

Mion was stood besides the taller male as she told him about the mess she got herself in and it felt good to let out her pent up frustration for once, as it has been a nerve-wrecking few hours, even if she didn't seem like it. Sanji kept quiet and let the girl talk, being interested in her bizarre story of how she came to be there, seeing as he doesn't usually interact with guests, let alone show interest in them outside the restaurant. He felt like that's what she needed so he listened.

He just enjoyed her presence and noticed a few things about her, like the way she furrowed her brows whenever she talked about the pirates that left her behind. She also pressed her lips together whenever she said something that she felt embarassed for and just realized later on. It showed off her dimples and he found it adorable. She was adorable. Never in his life has he met someone from Mary Geoise, let alone someone so breath-taking. When he hears about the land, he imagines stuck up people, terrific tips and politicians, not Mion. She seemed way too colorful for such a black and white piece of land. Her story just made it all the more amusing and he could understand why she would want to escape that life.

If it was up to Sanji, he would be hunting down those damn pirates and kick their asses for what they did to Mion. His need to protect her intensifying when she told him about how scared she was sleeping on that ship, so she stayed awake for many nights. He didn't want Mion to feel like that ever again.

They fell into a comfortable silence. Mion looked out at the water, the moonlight illuminating her pale skin, almost making her look translucent. Sanji watched her quietly. He was almost at a loss of words at how effortlessly beautiful the girl seemed to be. He could see that there was something else that occupied her thoughts, but he feared asking about it would upset her and that was the last thing he wanted to do.

"I'm sorry for wasting your time with this. I know this has nothing to do with you and you're just—", Mion started to apologize but Sanji simply held up his hand, motioning for her to stop, before he slowly but surely put it on her waist, pulling her closer. The blonde's breath got stuck in her throat, not having expected him to get so close to her as she was now looking at him in slight shock. Sanji looked into her eyes as if asking for allowance to hold her, to which she let out a barely visible little nod.

"You, my doll, are the most chaotic, breath taking and enticing person I ever got the pleasure to meet. I believe our time is limited darling, so don't you dare think I'm spending mine on someone who isn't worth it. Minutes with you feel like well spent hours.", Sanji whispered close to her face, and as he looked deep into her eyes, she could feel his breath on her skin. The scent of cigarettes and smoke, that used to make her feel unwell, now making her feel light-headed in the most positive way.

"Well... uh, you are one of the most touchy, confident and flirtatious people I've ever met. In four hours you have given me more pet names than I've been given in the past 17 years", Mion was searching for equally beautiful words to describe him but it ended in a mess of embarrassing honesty. The girl couldn't help herself as she was way too nervous to think straight in that moment.