CHAPTER THIRTEEN

The whole village was burning and so was Mion's desire to get revenge for Nami and the rest of the villagers

The whole village was burning and so was Mion's desire to get revenge for Nami and the rest of the villagers. Nami opened up about everything, her past, the deal with Arlong and how all she ever wanted was to save her village and that was enough to completely forget about their past differences, Mion just wanted to help. It took them the whole night to try and put out the fire and safe what was left of the village.

But now, walking through what used to be the village at dawn was a stark contrast to how Mion got to know it, there was barely anything left and the remaining villagers were trying to put out the last bits of fire around. It was hard to bare witness.

"Arlong did this. But why?", Sanji spoke up, squeezing Mion's hand as he glanced around. Nami just sighed and Mion noticed that she was still wearing Luffy's hat. It seemed as if it gave her strength. With her free hand Mion grabbed the other girls', nodding at her and reassuring her that they would get through this.

"He did this to punish the villagers. And to punish me", Nami choked out and it was clear to see, that no matter how hard she tried, the orange haired girl couldn't get through this on her own.

Suddenly Nojiko and the officer arrived, marching towards them with the rest of the villagers, who all looked determined with weapons and stoic expressions. Ready to fight a war.

"What's going on?", Nami asked and Mion could tell the girl was scared that they were still associating her with Arlong. "Nojiko told us about your deal with Arlong", the officer spoke up and a few of the villagers nodded along, some even sending Nami grateful smiles as tears streamed down their cheeks.

"We didn't know. Can you forgive us?", the man spoke again, but Nami was quick to shoot it down, slightly shaking her head. "There is nothing to forgive. Coco Village is my home", Nami muttered as her eyes started to tear up again.

Overall it was a very sensible situation that brought many to tears, including Mion and Usopp.

"Then it's our turn to sacrifice. We're done living in fear. We are gonna march on Arlong Park. And if those fishmen want a fight—", Mion was very impressed by the man's bravery, but she wasn't sure if it wouldn't just end in a bloodbath. Nami was of the same impression apparently, immediately shaking her head and taking a step forward.

"That's not a fight. That's a massacre. You're all gonna be killed", Nami pleaded with the villagers, looking over the crowd and keeping her eyes on her sister, who seemed just as determined as the rest of them.

"If there is no hope for us to buy our freedom, then I say we die trying to fight for it!", cheers and sounds of agreement erupted from the crowd of villagers and it brought a small, impressed smile onto Mion's face.

Nami knew no matter what she said, it wouldn't change their minds, she even turned around searching the faces of her crew for any signs of disagreement, but they all seemed to think the same thing.