CHAPTER FIFTEEN

Shortly after their celebration with the villagers of Coco Village and a bittersweet goodbye for Nami and Nojiko, the crew set sail once again, their destination being Mary Geoise

"So what do you think?", Luffy asked Nami as the crew gathered on the forecastle deck. Mion had a huge smile on her face due to the multiple tangerine trees planted in huge vases that decorated the deck. Nami seemingly enjoyed it as well, since she teared up quickly and smiled as she turned back to the crew.

"It's a little piece of home to take with you on our journey", the curly haired boy added and looked at Mion to continue.

"And I can make Sanji whip up tangerine tarts anytime you want, so don't be shy to ask for some", the blonde haired girl joked to which said male hugged her closer and sent her a grin, not denying it at all.

Mion loved the Nami she got to know now that everything is over. The orange haired girl had an indescribably difficult life and even if there were times where Mion was blinded by disappointment or anger, deep down she knew Nami deserved to be treated like this by friends more than anything. Mion and Luffy came up with the idea to bring some tangerine trees, when they helped the villagers clean up the remains of their party and Mion knew Nami would love it. they made Sanji and Usopp carry them on the boat, when Nami was away and Mion hurried to get them planted, before she came back.

Seeing Nami's expression was definitely worth it.

"It's perfect", Nami spoke with a grateful smile, before she shouted for Usopp, who was told to stay back earlier and both Sanji and Mion were just as surprised as Luffy to see the design of the main mast that was then unveiled by Usopp. Luffy completely freaked out and ran around on deck as Usopp joined the rest of the crew, all of them chuckling at their giddy captain.

"So... what can we expect from Mary Geoise, princess?", Zoro spoke up after a while, after Nami and Usopp left to navigate, leaving behind Zoro, Mion and Sanji. The blonde girl just shrugged, leaning against the railing and looking out at Luffy, who was sat on the front decor of the Going Mary, his favorite spot.

"Old people, books and nobles...", Mion concluded as a chuckle erupted from Zoro. Sanji just hummed along, standing besides the blonde, not having much to add, but an uncomfortable feeling blossomed in the pit of Mion's stomach, not sure if it's a good idea to have the crew there.

The girl let out a sigh and turned towards Zoro with a serious expression, making him raise a brow at her.

"Zoro, I haven't lived in Mary Geoise my entire life... my father settled there after my mom... after she passed away. Since my father was an explorer and made a lot of money from it, they accepted him and his crew and let them stay, but pirates... they're not liked in Mary Geoise. I fear for your safety", Mion ranted before she took off. She was gone in an instant and all Sanji could do was look after her with a worried expression.

"Drop the glum look. I bet you a hundred berries that the princess is with Luffy now, so don't worry about her. Worry about what's for dinner", Zoro spoke, looking out over the ship. Sanji turned back around to look at the side of his face.