CHAPTER TWENTY

The possibility of her father having a heart attack has never been higher and it took Mion all her power and Zoro and Usopp jumping in, to get her father away from a surprised Sanji after lunging at him and almost strangeling him

The blonde boy understood his mistake and looked down in shame as he fixed his suit collar. Mion immediately held onto Sanji, who staggered back as soon as the older man was ripped away from him, waiting for her father's next move. Mion didn't know what to do, should she try to talk to him again? Apologize?

The girl didn't have anything to apologize for, she liked Sanji and, in her opinion, her father should be happy for her. Rius's eyes were still widened, fed up with the possibility of his little girl having a boyfriend, let alone a pirate as a boyfriend.

"Sir Otis, please", Mirianne stepped forward and tried to de-escalate the situation, putting a soft hand on his shoulder. Rius snapped out of it and let out a long sigh, turning around to look at her.

"How many times have I told you to call me Rius?", he spoke in a defeated tone, rubbing his eyes in irritation. He knew it wasn't fair on his daughter to get angry again, especially not after their talk barely ten minutes ago, but it was hard for him to keep his cool with everything happening all at once.

"Is he your boyfriend?", he questioned, taking note of his daughter's hands on the boy and how she seemed to care much about his well-being. She gave him a once over, brushing her hand over his arm until they reached their place on his wrists.

Both Mion and Sanji shared an alarmed look, not exactly knowing what to say as to not escalate the situation further.

"Well, I don't...", Mion started at the same time as Sanji, who let out a clear yes. Both shared another glance, Mion silently telling the boy to shut up and at this point Rius Otis was not sure if he wanted to cry or laugh. Probably neither, he'd rather strangle the boy again.

The rest of the crew plus Callista were stood to the side, slightly amused by the sight in front of them but well aware that it could go south any second again. Both Usopp and Zoro stood closer to the duo due to previously helping the cook out and Usopp had the hardest time keeping his cool, finding it all way too funny.

"Yes, he's my boyfriend... I was going to ease you into that matter... but don't get mad at him, he's been nothing but respectful and kind", Mion admitted and judging by the man rubbing his eyes once again, it was safe to say he calmed down enough.

"Who's your father, kid?", Rius asked and for the first time his eyes were directed at Sanji, asking him directly to which Sanji mumbled out a few utters.

"It's a simple question, boy", he urged him in a slight mocking tone, but before Mion could intervene and scold her father for being so insensitive, Sanji cleared his throat and straightened his back, looking back at her father with a newfound confidence.