CHAPTER ONE

„You goddamn pirates! I will strangle each and every one of you! Come back!", Mion shouted as she fell on her knees, the stiff wood of the landing scraping against her skin, but the young girl couldn't care less at the moment

„You goddamn pirates! I will strangle each and every one of you! Come back!", Mion shouted as she fell on her knees, the stiff wood of the landing scraping against her skin, but the young girl couldn't care less at the moment. Not when she was left behind by the pirate crew whom she paid huge amounts of Berries to take her with them.

It all happened way too quickly for Mion to react. It was a matter of minutes in which the blonde let her guard down, the sight of the Baratie and it's architecture being way too captivating. She didn't realize that she was the first and only one to get off the ship, believing they were there to get some food. But as soon as she stepped foot on the landing, the crew hurried to take off, cheering and laughing about how they earned some berries and got rid of the naive little rich girl.

Little did they know Mion always took precautions, thankfully. Her father didn't raise her at sea for nothing. It was the only thing giving her some peace of mind right now, knowing that her pouch with her most important belongings was hidden securely under her dress, along with her little dagger. Mion grew up to be cautious and she wasn't naive either, but she never would've expected to be tricked by some lousy pirate crew.

The girl held onto the fabric of her dress tightly, the knuckles on her pale hands turning even paler. She sat there with a glare, watching the ship that she spent the last few days on, until she couldn't see it anymore. Mion should've known this was a terrible idea, but she was always told she got her stubbornness from her mother.

„If the sea doesn't kill me by then, father will definitely do so...", she said out loud, driving a hand through her hair. Her lip was trembling ever so slightly, but she wouldn't dare cry, even if she knew there was no easy way out of this situation. She was way too angry, mostly with herself.

She stayed seated on the landing for a few more moments, taking in her surroundings and trying to clear her head. There were quite a lot of people getting on and off of their ships, some glaring at Mion, some sniggering about her. The girl knew most of them were pirates and most likely listening in on her little meltdown, and that thought alone brought a blush to her cheeks. She wished she could just disappear, or wake up in her bed back at home preferably. The girl took a deep breath and let out the air in a long huff.

The sun was already starting to set when Mion finally got the courage to stand up, brushing of the dirt that stuck to her pale green dress. The blonde started to curse again when she realized, that all of her clothes were gone and how they will probably be sold for ridiculous amounts of Berries. Some of her dresses she never even got to wear, as she just stuffed some clothes in a bag and took it with her, when she left her hometown in a hurry.

Mion fished out the pouch from under her garments, not before she made sure that no greasy old man had his eyes on her. When the girl was sure, that nobody was watching her, she checked what she had packed and let out a relieved sigh. The rest of her jewelry that she wasn't currently wearing, some photos and more than enough Berries to last a few weeks were still in her possession. She was okay with a few missing clothing items when she could be missing a limb.