CHAPTER TWELVE

Mion couldn't stand the looks Sanji was giving her, some were looks of confusion, some of concern, but most of them implied that Sanji had no idea that Mion was upset and that was what saddened the girl even more so

It started with Sanji and Nojiko, that's the name the blue haired girl introduced herself with when she invited the crew in, going through all of her cabinets together, trying to find ingredients so Sanji could make dinner out of it. Sanji didn't even spare a glance Mion's direction and Usopp took it upon himself to get the blonde's mind off of it, telling her how he was just doing it to find Nami. And while that might be the truth, it still stung.

As soon as dinner was served, Mion took a seat in between Zoro and Usopp, who she basically clung to throughout the evening as to not grow sad again. He was like a happy pill. Sanji sent her a look, wordlessly questioning why she didn't sit besides him, but the blonde girl chose to ignore it.

It was when Luffy finally got the blue haired girl to talk, when Mion grew really upset with Sanji and also Luffy. He really didn't need to be doing all that and she even hated how Luffy played along, forgetting all about the fact that Nojiko threatened them with a gun and has been talking to Sanji and Luffy only. While Zoro didn't care much and rather liked it, Mion and Usopp felt useless, as if they weren't needed. And Usopp had constantly tried to talk to the girl but she didn't even look at him.

Mion and Usopp decided it was for the best to just give it up and stay in the background, for the sake of Nami. Zoro sent Mion a quick look, a look that was supposed to tell her that he knew she was upset and that he wasn't amused either. But it didn't help much, considering the fact that the person who was supposed to notice was busy shoveling dozens of portions onto Nojiko's plate.

"There's plenty where that came from, but first we really need to know about Nami", Sanji spoke up, gripping onto the chair Nojiko was seated on. Said girl let out a breath, chewing down the rest of her food, before she spoke up, telling the crew about her childhood with Nami.

Mion momentarily forget all the pent up sadness and jealousy as tears streamed down her cheeks, listening to Nojiko's story. She couldn't imagine what it must be like to see your mother get killed in front of you, to be scared for your life and having to watch her lifeless body on the floor. It made her think back to when she saw her mother for the last time. While her mother's sickness took a toll on not only her, but the family, she had the opportunity to say her goodbyes. Something Nojiko and Nami weren't allowed to have.

"Wait...Nami's working for the pirate that killed your mother?", Usopp spoke up after some silence, everybody was trying to process what they just heard. Nojiko nodded, looking at Usopp for the first time since they arrived.

Mion choked out a sob and rushed out of the hut without another word, five pairs of eyes following her figure. Hearing that was overwhelming and brought up a lot of memories for Mion, the whole situation beforehand didn't help the blonde in bottling up her emotions and as soon as she was outside, she crouched down and wept silently, letting those emotions run free.