CHAPTER SIX

note! for the sake of this plot the fishman pirates arrive a day later, so the baratie arc has an additional day

By the time Mion awoke from her seemingly never ending slumber, it was already dark outside and the first thing she set her eyes upon after stretching her sore limbs, was a pile of clothing items on the table in front of her

By the time Mion awoke from her seemingly never ending slumber, it was already dark outside and the first thing she set her eyes upon after stretching her sore limbs, was a pile of clothing items on the table in front of her.  After further inspection it seemed to be a few of Nami's clothes, or atleast that's what Mion guessed, since it was women's wear.

She was grateful for a change of clothes since the pretty green dress that she wore now clung to her body with specks of dirt and blood from helping Zoro. One thing she hated was being dirty, so it came to a relief to her when the things seemed barely worn and clean.

Knowing Nami a little bit, she realized that a lavender dress and a white bolero to wear over it wasn't really the ginger's style to begin with. That probably being the reason why the girl gave it to her also, but Mion loved it. And somehow Nami knew she would.

The girl tried to make herself look a bit more presentable after the initial shock of seeing herself in the bathroom mirror with her hair all over the place and her face all puffy. The exhaustion and stress from the last few days taking it's toll on her wasn't just physicially noticeable but also visibly, although the sleep she got helped just the tiniest bit. Mion didn't worry too much about it, rather wanting to be with the others, so it didn't take long for the blonde to slip into the clean clothes. Mion had no other option and she wasn't picky about it either, liking how the fabric loosely covered her body, while the bolero gave her back some shape around the waist

When she was done she went to see Zoro, believing it was time for her to also try and help him wake up. Even if they weren't friends, Mion wanted to make a start on it. As soon as she walked into the room he was laying in, the girl was suprised to find Nami sitting besides him, quietly staring down at him, the only light illuminating the room coming from a candle on the bedside table.

"Nami?", the blonde asked carefully, taking a step further into the room. The ginger didn't bother looking up, her gaze locked on the green haired boy. It made Mion wonder if the two had something else going on other than being friends. It seemed like it.

Mion let out a breath, walking over to Nami's side and sitting down besides her. She wasn't sure if it was okay for her to say something, so the two girls just sat in silence for a while.

"Luffy could've stopped him. Why didn't he? Zoro is almost dead and Luffy did nothing", Nami uttered, her eyes never leaving the male in front of her as Mion just sighed.

"Nami, I..uh...I dont't know any of you well, so I'm not quite sure why Luffy did what he did, or didn't do for that matter, but I believe it's honorable to accept someone chasing their dreams, even if you know it won't serve them in the long run. This was Zoro's lifelong dream and Luffy supported him. Who are we to stop him from doing that. He made his choice by fighting Mihawk and if he wakes up he will learn and live with the consequences. We are here to support him on the way and that's what Luffy has been doing all along. You're supporting his dream, arent you? Of becoming king of the pirates? What else made you stick with them for so long?", Mion asked, thinking back to what Luffy has told her about their past weeks together. As Nami listened to Mion's words, something inside of her knew the blonde was right, she knew, but she couldn't fully accept it.