CHAPTER EIGHT

As soon as Nami started to pace around the room frantically, Mion knew there was something she didn't tell the crew

As soon as Nami started to pace around the room frantically, Mion knew there was something she didn't tell the crew. Mion wasn't sure what it was, but she knew it had to be something important for her to become so terrified.

"What's going on with you? What is it? Nami, hey", the blonde tried to get the other girl's attention for a few moments, but nothing would make the ginger stop pacing but as soon as Mion tried to grab the other girl's arm, Nami stopped in an instant, pushing up against the blonde threateningly.

"This is your fault. If it wasn't for you and your stupid history with Zeff we would've left... we would all be safe and I wouldnt need to— ugh", Nami let out a frustrated shout as she started tearing up. Mion was shocked to see the orange haired girl so hostile, after believing they were somewhat starting to become friends.

Mion went in for a hug, wanting to support the other girl despite her harsh words, but Nami pushed her back angrily and it almost made the blonde stumble to the ground. The blonde barely gripped on to the kitchen counter to keep herself on her feet as she turned to Nami with widened eyes. The hurt in Mion's expression made Nami halt momentarily, her expression turning sorrowful, but it turned cold again before Mion could do anything.

The orange haired girl started pushing furniture out of the way, seemingly searching for something and before Mion could ask her what she was doing, Nami held a golden tube in her hands that Mion guessed was the map. The blonde had a bad feeling at the sight of Nami's determined expression and immediately followed the girl, as she rushed to Zoro's cabin.

"You know what I said back at the bar? I told you and Zoro that I didn't have any friends, but the truth is, I couldn't let myself have them... because I always end up hurting the people closest to me", Nami spoke slowly, staring down at the green haired male, before turning around to look at Mion, who was now tearing up as well.

"I'm sorry Mion, but I have to go", too speechless to say anything, Mion let herself get shoved out of the way and it took a few moments for her to get back to her senses, before she chased after the orange haired girl.

"Nami!", Mion let out a cry as she ran after the girl, now letting the tears spill freely. She had a feeling what was going to happen and she wouldn't let the other girl do it. At least not without a fight.

She ran with all her might, catching up with the girl on the middle of the landing. She gripped onto the other girl's arm and pulled her back with all her strength. The sorrowful expression on Nami's face long gone.

"So this is it? You're just going to give them the map and leave all of us?", Mion said, her tears seemingly never ending. She never expected the girl to do something like that, let alone betray Luffy of all people.

"You don't have any idea what you're talking about. Not like you would understand anyways", Nami spat and ripped her arm out of the blonde's grip. Mion tried go after the girl one more time, taking a hold of the shirt the girl was wearing, but Nami shoved her to the ground with a hard push. Mion cried out in pain at the sudden pain surging through her left ankle.