Chapter Thirty Three.

Chapter Song: homesick- Wave to Earth

"In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. The earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. God said, "Let there be light," and there was light. God saw that the light was good, and he separated the light from the darkness." The soft cries from family and friends could be heard. Outside sat a crowd, quietly honoring Yoongi.

"Today we celebrate the life of Min Yoongi, who was taken from us too soon. May he rest in an eternal peace Amen." The priest bowed and walked off stage. Chaeyoung stood up limping over to the stairs and carefully climbing them.

"Hello" her voice was rough and dry. She's been crying nonstop for the last 3 weeks. "i'm Chaeyoung" she weakly bowed. "i'm Yoongi's best friend and band member" tears fell from her eyes.

"Me and yoongi didn't always get along" she let out a small laugh sniffing as tears fell faster "i hated him at first, i hated him for a long time. He decided to step up and be the bigger person. Now that he's gone i regret every moment i hated him, i hate myself for hating such a genuine amazing person like Yoongi, he was a hero, he saved me, he saved my wife, he saved every other person that could have been that man's victim, another lost voice, another lost soul Yoongi saved them, from that vile disgusting human being" she looked down putting her weight on the podium as she cried.

"Yoongi is my brother, he's my soulmate and my best friend, i'm sorry this happened to you hyung" she looked up crying "i love you" she said breaking down. I carefully helped her down as Yoongi's family walked onto the stage followed by the rest of the band to say a few words.

We watched as his coffin slowly entered the ground. All his friends and family members bowed on our knees 28 times representing the age he passed and another 3 times to show respect.

After the funeral we all gathered in the dining hall, it was eerily quiet as we all stared into space, tears still running down as we took shots.

"I can't believe he's gone" Daniel cried into his palms

"He's still here, he'll always be here we're his family" Soonjong smiled softly rubbing daniel's back.

" i miss you man" Dongkyu broke down pouring himself another shot.

I stared at my food, not being able to stomach it i thought about yoongi, all of our good times, the times he made me smile and laugh, the times he made me genuinely happy, the first time we met and the last thing he said to me.

" Mina i always loved you, Since the first time we met at that party, I'll always love you mina"  tears fell from my eyes as i watched my hand shake, pouring myself a shot i threw it back and poured myself another.

Looking up my wandering eyes met Chaes. Her eyes were sunken and dark. She looked exhausted and dead. Yoongi's death hit her the hardest, they weren't always friendly but once they got to know each other they were inseparable. They did everything together even late night rides on the motorcycles.

Chaeyoung was devastated, she hadn't shown her face to the public since that night. Today was a ceremony for Yoongi, Calla would play yoongi's favorite song in honor of him. It was a special song to yoongi no one knew why, he'd never tell anyone. We all knew how special it was to him though. Whenever they played the song he would cry.

After dinner everyone gathered in the concert venue. The performance was open to the public and free in honor of Yoongi. The first 3 rows were reserved for family and friends but the rest was open to the public.

The line was wrapped around for blocks, the venue was already packed as more people came to honor yoongi. It was an open stadium so people brang chairs and candles and sat around the stadium when there was no more room left.