Chapter 1 Wedge

Warning: it is recommended that people with high emotions and those with some trauma should do a good job of psychological construction before reading, otherwise it is easy to fall into a PTSD attack.

*

    One sand and one world.

 ——

    Chunshui Street is an old street in the southwest of Hongjing.

 Not unlike many busy streets in the city, the shops here are densely packed and spread out from one end of the long street to the other.

 As evening approached, the streets gradually became lively.

 In the aquatic product store facing the street, a crucian carp was swimming in a plastic basin. Just as it was about to swim away, it was pinched by the belly and fished out.

 Wang Chunhua is almost 60 years old this year, and her life is no different from that of middle-aged women in this city who are nearly 60 years old. She has just had her hair permed in the barber shop next door, and is now planning to buy a crucian carp on the way and give it to her children when she goes home. The grandson makes fish soup and drinks it.

 "Ten yuan, ten yuan, just the change of fifty cents!" She took out a worn ten yuan note from her wallet, and without any explanation, forced it into the shopkeeper's hand, feeling proud of the small change that happened to be erased, and then He brushed his hair.

 The air was filled with the rustling sound of a radio, and something seemed to be being said on the radio.

 The fish shop owner shook his head helplessly, stuffed the banknotes into his leather apron pocket, and turned up the volume of the radio with wet fingers.

 "Now we're going to break in an emergency news." The female announcer paused and restrained her soft voice, "Super Typhoon Yun Na will hit our city head-on on the night of the 12th. The Meteorological Bureau reminds citizens that starting from tonight, please Try to go out as little as possible."

 Wang Chunhua took the fish and suddenly looked up at the sky after hearing the news.

 To prove something, dark clouds covered the sunset, and the sky quickly darkened.

 The crucian carp in the black plastic bag danced lightly.

 The fruit stall owner at No. 18 Chun Shui Street also raised his head and looked at the gray sky.

 As if he felt the moist rain in the air or for some other reason, he suddenly picked up the half-frame of rotten fruit that he had specially picked out and dumped it into the most expensive snake fruit.

 The rotten fruits fell like a rainstorm, and a few splashed away, rolling farther and farther along the iron-gray sidewalk...

 There was a crunching sound, and a pair of thick-soled leather shoes stepped on it without hesitation. The pulp burst and juices flowed out.

 "Oh, do you have the quality?" Wang Chunhua raised her foot, looked at the crushed fruit on the ground, and kicked it in disgust, "I almost slipped!" The stall owner did not say anything, but just picked apples and carried them all back to the store.

 Without even apologizing, Wang Chunhua suddenly became angry. As she walked away, she suddenly caught a glimpse of the fruit stall owner crazily stuffing all the rotten fruits into high-end apples. Thinking of those shoddy news, she even angry.

 "Rotten apples are sold together with good apples. You are out of your mind!" She ran to the fruit stall, poked an apple and raised her voice.

 The stall owner didn't speak, he just suppressed his blush and stared at her with a pair of bloodshot eyes.

 Wang Chunhua cleared her throat and was about to say a few more words of ridicule when the wind picked up.

 The wind is very light, like a girl's hair, and the wind is very soft, like a mother's lips.

 The gentle wind blew through her broken hair, brushed her arms, and fell on her fingers. Then, she felt as if something fell from her hand.

 She lowered her head subconsciously, only to find an extra finger on the ground.

 Where did the fingers come from?

 The severe pain came later. She numbly moved her eyes to her right hand, where a huge and ugly gap appeared.

 She wanted to call for help, but found that she couldn't say anything. The stall owner's five-fingered iron grip grasped her throat, and a long and narrow watermelon knife was pressed against her mouth.

 The fear was far more terrifying than the physical pain. The stall owner picked up the handle of the knife and slashed at her. In an instant, her skin cracked, blood engulfed all her vision, and all that was left in her ears was the sound of inhuman breathing.

 The desire to survive aroused the greatest potential of human beings. Wang Chunhua pushed the fruit stall owner away and rolled and crawled in an attempt to escape into the store next door.

 There was an old man sitting in the shop. Wang Chunhua could hardly see anything. She only felt that the surroundings were strangely peaceful. She arched her upper body and wanted to climb into the threshold. Just when she was about to touch the old man's trouser leg, she was hit by a wave again. Kicked down...

 The severe pain did not come as expected. It took a while before she had the courage to look back.

 Behind her, several men were using their strength to suppress the fruit stall owner who was going crazy and killing people. The faces of the onlookers were frightened and uneasy, and their small words spread. Most of them were "How could this happen?"

     "Yeah, I don't see any mental illness" and other words.

 Wang Chunhua opened her mouth and wanted to speak, but found that she could hardly speak.

 There was warm blood on her face and hands. She supported the ground with her elbows and tried hard to stand up. However, before she could stand firm, her knees suddenly throbbed with pain. She staggered again and hit the armchair. On the old man inside.

 With a bang, the old man fell down without warning.

 Wang Chunhua was startled. She supported her body, moved back twice, and then stretched out her hand to wipe the blood in front of her eyes.

 The old man still maintained his fallen posture, his gray hair was neatly arranged, and he was wearing a clean old navy blue uniform, like a strange and peaceful sculpture.

 Wang Chunhua held her breath and leaned forward again. She carefully pushed the old man with her hand that was missing her index finger. The old man fell over and lay flat on the ground. A handful of white sand was dripping down the gap in the old man's trouser pocket. There seemed to be hundreds of tiny white aphids swarming out.

 The setting sun followed the edge of the window and cut into the old man's wrinkled face, making the lifeless look on his face even more strange. The shadow painted the upper half of his face ink, and the setting sun softened the lower half of his face. There seemed to be a smile on the corner of the old man's mouth.

 Chun Shui Street was eerily quiet. Only the female announcer's voice was slowly coming from the radio: "The police recently stated that citizens are requested to pay attention to travel safety and be vigilant..." The magnetic voice echoed over the entire block.

 When everyone's eyes were fixed on the old man, no one noticed that a man wearing a peaked cap lowered the brim of his hat, walked against the flow of people, and walked out of the long street where the murder had just occurred.