Iris Beauty

Pairing: Rydal x Fem!Reader

Summary: Circa:1961: You are working for your Uncle Theodore's antique shop. Rydal Keener comes to visit, you wonder what brings him to your family's store.

Warning tags: description of eye color, and hair color, slight bantering, flirting and two idiotic history nerds.

The sun was at its highest peak at this time of day within Athens

The sun was at its highest peak at this time of day within Athens. The hills were soft dancing along with the air, and the ocean waves were crashing against the ports. The fishermen were almost done with their work, and soon the sun would set.

Which meant it was time to celebrate and enjoy the evening but I was within my family's antique shop. I felt at home here, and I always enjoyed leaving at a certain time to write by the sea.

Not a moment too soon, a customer comes in. The shop was almost closing but that didn't mean I was going to clock out the minute the clock chimed at 5pm. I still had love for this place even after it was time to leave.

I happily greeted the customer as my brown hair shined against the light of the sun that shone down through the glass windows.

I noticed their lovely faded blue jeans, and Panama hat. My cheeks felt warm but I assumed it was due to the slight heat.

The young man looked around the shop, and picked up a pocket watch. I had not polish that one yet. It's beauty was hidden within the dust of time.

"Póso kostízei aftó to rolói tsépis Cartier Paris?" Asked the young man with brown hair that had hints of red.

I could hear the slight accent, that voice was familiar or more like his aura was.

I placed a hand on my hip against my yellow floral dress as I said

"My uncle wishes to get rid of it, I'll sale it to you for fifty American dollars." I smiled as I saw the Rydal Keener remove his shades.

He smiled back as he asked

"Are you American?"

I shrugged my shoulders

"Perhaps I am. Or I could be just good at picking up other people's nationalities."

The young man smiled as he placed the watch down

"Anything else you're good at? Besides being pretty and smart?"

I snorted as I placed down the porcelain vase

"That depends, what are you looking for?"

The young man looked around my uncle's antique shop, and randomly pointed at a painting

"How much for that one?"

I turned around and saw the beautifully reconstructed painting that my uncle was working on a week ago.