Ache

Pairing: Miguel O'Hara x GN! reader

Summary: If only we could go back.

Warning tags: angst and what-ifs

Author's note: my bad guys!

Word Count: 535

Miguel paced around his office in Spider Society headquarters, he was looking through paperwork from other timelines such as from Earth-928 when humans and mutants were at war

Miguel was curious to see that this break out of a war caused so many casualties. He couldn't go back to stop it since it was a canon event in his world.

Miguel began to think about his life on Earth 928. From his childhood up to his adolescence; that's when he remembered you.

The way you two clicked on the first day of school. How Miguel wouldn't mind carrying your books to class. When Miguel and you were running through the streets covered in rain since there was a storm.

Just a pair of two mindless and carefree teens.

Miguel then remembered how he developed feelings for you.

He couldn't help to see the way your eyes gleamed whenever you saw a cat or a dog. Hell, even a squirrel.

Your laugh to him was infectious and it always caused his spirits to be uplifted.

Let alone, that one night. The night that you two shared an innocent after he was walking you home.

The both of you were stunned but Y/N was more than happy that Miguel had pulled a move.

The two of you dated for a while until high school ended.

That's where his heartbeat stops.

He remembered that day clear as day, the day he got accepted into working Alchemax.

Y/N pleaded to him not to go down this path of such a terrible corporation but Miguel called her pleas idiotic.

Before that acceptance letter came, Miguel wanted to be by your side and own an apartment with you in New York.

You had passionate dreams but Miguel had ambitious ones.

Miguel sighed as he pulled out his monitor, he had to see how you were doing. Miguel would check up on you, at least once a year.

As the monitor picks up the signal, he sees you.

Your body, mind, and soul are still the same, just like the day he met you.

Miguel felt his heart flutter. Could he go back? Should he go back?

Perhaps you two could still build that dream together, as partners in crime.

But, Miguel had created his canon event. He was one to blame.

You were living your own life now. You had gotten your dream career, the small yet cozy apartment in Upper East Side New York, and a partner who didn't allow his ambitions to come between the relationship.

Miguel felt his eyes sting with tears as brushed his curl with his fingers. He could feel the anger in his eyes, watching you happily with your new partner, still chasing after the storm.

Miguel wanted to see your bright smile again but soon enough he turned off the monitor when he saw that Y/N was pulled into a kiss with damped hair and clothing.

Miguel slightly growls and shoves off the paperwork from his desk. Allowing the paperwork to fall apart just like he felt he needed as going to.

It should have been him. It could have been. But it wasn't, Miguel was after something much bigger but at what price?

The price of his aching heart forever longing for your presence in his life.