Chapter 09

Its been two weeks since me and Luciano spoke.

I haven't seen him since, i would usually see the twins in the hallways and they would greet me or me greet them. And i had few classes with Karson, who would take a sit behind or next to me. I gave him Luciano's hoodie, he said he will hand it to him. Well according to Karson, Luciano's been busy with 'something' that involves him and his family. I've gotten too close to them especially Karson and Lexi, then Alex... he's just Alex. Not much of a talker just like Luciano or Luca as his friends call him.

I dont know what triggered him that day but i wish i could met him and my apologize for whatever i said. I... i kinda miss his company, i mean i feel comfortable with him and i can tell he feels the same, he just dont want to show it.

"Hey shortcake" i jump a little when i felt an arm around my shoulders. I turn to see a grinning Karson, he's been calling me that and when i ask him why he would say its because i'm a piece of cake, his words not mine.
"Hi Kar" i say smiling at him. "Why are you all sweaty?" I fake a gag. He throw his head back laughing before removing his arm around me.

"I was in a basketball practice" he says. "Hey shorty!" He winked at the girl passing by us. She look at him blushing before turning away.
"Ew" i say playfully hitting his head. The girls at school are probably hating me for befriending the hot guys in school, i mean Alex, Karson and Luciano are the hot guys, truth must be told.

"Do you have a ride home? I mean i can drive you" Kar ask when we were out of school door. I nodded.
"My brother is picking me up, thanks thou" i say  immediately spoting my brothers car pulling out near the school gates.
"You have a bro?" he ask shocked. Who doesn't know i have a brother? Especially if the person goes to the same school as mine.
"Of course i do. There he is" i told him pointing my brothers car.
"Well lets go see him, shall we?" He says faking a British accent and that made me burst out of laughter.

"Hi big bro" i greet my brother with our little handshake that confuses the hell out of mom.
"Hey kiddo. Who's your friend?" He ask referring to the shocked Karson behind me.

"Uh... I'm Karson De Caprio" Karson says shocking me, if he's De Caprio it means... he's related to Luciano, says Cassie.
What?
Yes Leila.
"Nice to meet you Karson. I'm Leila's brother, Za-"
"ZANDER JOHNSON" karson says loudly than i expected. "Dude I'm such a big fan, i love you so much" we look at him shocked. "i-i mean d-do you still play basketball?" He add shifting uncomfortably.
"Uh.. no I'm no longer playing" Zan says frowning. Dad made him quit playing basketball because he wanted a son that will take care of his business not a basketball player. That's when Zan went to study architectural. "But i can teach you some tricks" he says patting Karson's back before sliding in the driver's seat.

"Shortcake... why didnt you tell me your brother is thee famous basketball player aka Zander Johnson!?" he exclaim excitedly. I wanted to say 'Why didnt you tell me you were related to him' but i refrain.
"I... i thought you knew?" I say shrugging my shoulders. "Bye Kar" i wave at him before getting in the passenger side.

Zander pull off the school.

"Are you okay?" I ask seeing that he's lost in his thought which is not a good thing especially when driving.
"I'm okay" he replied taking a short glance at me before focusing on the road. "Who is he?" He ask
"He's... a friend" i say not really sure what are we.
"Didnt know you had friends" he stated coldly. I look at him a bit hurt and shocked. I'm offended, very much so.
"I... I'm sorry Leila. I didnt mean it like that" regret was dripping off his voice.
"Its okay. I understand" i really do. I know they've never seen me with a friend, talking about a friend or even meet my friend, so this is new to him.

"How about we go get some ice cream?" he wiggle his brows, grinning like he just kissed by his crush.

"Hell yeah" i scream clapping my hands. Justin bieber and Shawn Mendes song Monster plays on the radio, Zan and i looked at each before singing along it.

Did i mention how much we love Justin bieber this side?

Now you know.

"You're such a horrible singer" i say laughing.
"Pfft! No need to remind me how beautiful your voice is" he says huffing. I burst out laughing,  he's right though, i have a very beautiful voice. Relax I'm not bragging.
"We're here" he says killing the car engine.

We made our way inside the ice cream store.
"Oh look who's here" the owner of the shop exclaim.
"Hello Andinna" Zander and i say in unison.
"My beautiful children! Long time no see" she says guiding us to the empty table. "How have you two been?" she pinched Zander's cheeks. I shuffle a laugh.
"Ow ow ow" he cried rubbing his cheeks mumbling some words, she send him a playful glare.
"We've been good Andinna, how about you?" I say .
"I'm good piccolo" she says smiling. "The usual?" She ask our ice cream flavors.
"Yess please" i happily reply. She nodded and walk back to the counter.

"She pinched my cheeks" Zander suddently exclaim frowning. I fell into a knee-slapping laugh, people in the store turn to us. Zan had to mouth 'sorry' to them.

"You're embarrassing me" he whisper-yelled at me. I soon recover from my laughter.
"Sorry" i clear my throat and sit properly on the chair. Andinna came with our ice creams, we ate them chatting about our boring busy lives.

After we were done eating, we went home and mom was not there probably at work, she was already done cooking dinner. So Zan and i dished for ourselves, we ate our food and i forced him into watching the vampire diaries with me, he was complaining but kept quite when i say i will make him his favorite meal.

That's my brother for you.

I went to bed after watching the movie, i was so tired and i hit the sack immediately.

_______________________________________________

Hey lovely people❤️
I would like to thank everyone who's reading this book, i wouldn't have done it this far if it wasn't for you guys. Thank you so much for your support❤️

I think these chapters are so short, what do you guys think?
But i promise to improve and make them a little long.

Thank you for reading the book and dont forget to click the voting thingy(☆)😁

Any thoughts or theories??

Q&A
Q
Show me your country flag, please?

A
Mineee 🇿🇦!

Love ya'll ❤️
sindi_bun