Chapter 40

I've been so stressed because Luca hasn't call or text yet. The days pass like nothing, day one... day two... day three... day four... day five... today its day six. Still nothing from him, the first week is almost over. I'm going crazy day by day, i'm about to lose it but i really have to contain myself just for my family's sake.

"Peach, can i come in?"

"Yeah... hi Zander" i sit up on my bed making a room for him, he sits next to me.

"Hi to you too, you okay?" he ask gazing at me with concern. I nod smiling

"Mmh, I'm okay" he stare at me, making sure that i'm telling the truth. His actions reminds of Luca, he would gaze at me for some reason i dont know.

"Dont stress yourself because of that boy, he's no good for you" he says whispering the last part.

"Zan please, please not now"

"Its true Leilani, the guy is not good for you. Do you think i dont know where he is, huh? When you see me smiling around dont think that i like that boy, i dont like him. I dont want him near you, he's bad for you, okay!?"

I feel like screaming and crying because Zander is judging a book by its cover. Luciano is not bad, his family business is bad not him.
"I wonder how would Liviana feel when you're bad mouthing the boy like this" i know i shouldn't have said this but he needs to know. I stand up from the bed pacing around.

"Leave Liviana out of this, she's no longer in this world right? So please, leave her out of this. Dont ever involve her in this" he says making me spin around facing him,

"Leave her out of this? how- how will i leave her out of this when you hates her brother like this, huh!?" I ask angry, shock written on his face.

"W-what do you mean?"

"You didn't know, eh? Well let me enlighten you... you see the boy you hate so much, his sister is Liviana. They have the same mother and father. You loved her right? and you still do but here you are hating your lover's brother" i exclaim furiously wiping the tears that rolled down.

"Luciano is Liviana's brother?" He question standing up from the bed. I nod to his question, the next thing i know, he's out of the room. I sigh, somehow feeling a little overwhelmed.

I walk to the window, sitting down there looking at the people walking around the road. My taking a walk to the park will help me relax, i quickly stand up putting my shoes on and i walk out of the room after taking my phone on the nightstand. My brother is nowhere to be found, i send him short message telling him about my whereabouts.

I close the door behind me and start my journey to the park. Its been long since i've came here, i sit on the bench near the road because others are occupied. My eyes look around the park. They drift to the small girl and boy swinging on the swings, i smile as i'm reminded of Luca and i when we were still young. Then they drift to the girl my age wiping her eyes, she's been crying.

My own eyes waters, looking away from her. After a while my phone rings, its Luca! The smile make its way to my face.

"Hi"

"Hi principessa" He says almost in a whisper, i frown

"Why are you whispering?"

"Uh- the team is resting, i dont want to wake them" He respond after a moment of silence.

"Mmh"

"Are you okay?" My vision becomes blur at his question, tears welling in my eyes. I dont want to make his mission hard, so i'll just lie.