Chapter 13

L U C I A N O

I'm not feeling good today and my stomach keeps paining me but its healing nicely, luckily i have free period so it means i will be going to school early. I quickly fixed myself and went downstairs finding my nonna and Trevor chatting, laughing with each other. They have mother/son relationship.

"Goodmorning" i greet them taking a seat on my usual seat, the head of the table.

"Morning caro"(dear)
"Morning capo"
They greet back, Giada smiling at me. I dont usually smile, i just smirk. But Leila has that power, the power of making me chuckle, smile and be carefree. She always that power, since were young.

How does she do it?

I really like her company, she doesn't see me as a monster as other people see me. And i wont deny it, because im not angel, i kill people for a living. I'm a cruel Capo soon to be a Don, who wants to be friends with that kinda person? Exactly... no one, besides the ones that i work with of course.

"Luca! Luca!"

I look up and find Giada looking directly at me. I dont even know when did Trevor leave the room.
"Penny for your thoughts?" She ask

"Would you let your daughter date me? I mean, as a parent would you let your daughter be with someone like me, a monster?" Without even thinking i ask. To say it caught her off guard it would be an understatement.

"Uh... y-yeah, i would" she say smiling nervously at me.

"You hesitated nonna" i say eating my food.

"I- i didnt expect that kind of a question, but my answer is yes i would let my daughter date you. Because you're not a monster Luca" she smiles. Thats not true though, i know its not true.

"I'm a devil"

She let out a laugh before saying "Yess you're a devil, but a devil with no horns and tail"

"Hahaha so funny" i say sarcastically. "I should go. I will see you later" i add taking my car keys from the table and walk out.

*********

I was sitting alone on the bench when a small soft voice said.
"Hi. This is my spot can you m-maybe find somewhere to sit" she says. I almost laugh because she called this her 'spot', that time i once told her that this is my spot.

"Didn't know my spot is now yours Bella" i chuckle taking off the hoodie cap that was covering my face and look up at her. God! can she be less beautiful? When i was young i would always tell Liviano about her and that i will marry Lei one day.

She said she didnt notice it was me, i almost laugh when she tells me her name after hearing me call her Bella. I dont know why i call her Bella because i feel like Principessa fits her better than Bella.

"I know who you are Bella" i say emphasizing the last word purposely and smirk at her. Its true though, i know who she is, i almost know everything about her only if its not a secret but nonetheless i know her. Its kinda sad because she hasn't recognized me yet.

She took out her book, is she always reading? Her phone rings.

"Hello... yeah, who's this?"

She freezes after hearing whatever the person told her, her phone slipped out of her grip falling to the ground.
"No no not this again" she whispered tears threatening to roll down her cheeks.

I ask whats wrong, she jump at my voice its like she forgot i was still here with her. All of the sudden she frantically pack her things.
"Talk to me principessa" i beg. I hate seeing her like this, my heart ache so bad. She was not looking at me or stopping what she was doing, i hold her hands making her stop and look at me. I didnt need to ask again because i know my eyes says it all.