Chapter 32

L E I L A N I

I've been here for almost two weeks, i miss my bed. I'm sick of the hospital food, really. I want to go home. My face is healing perfectly, i look more decent than before. And i'm happy. I'm just worried about my abdomen, its been hurt pretty bad but mom says its healing nicely.

Luca has been visiting everyday, sometimes he would come with Karson and the twins. Speaking of which, they promised to sneak McDonald's in here, i want fries so badly. Luca and i haven't addressed the elephant in the room, we're both scared to do so but we have to, eventually.

Speaking of the devil and he shall appear,
"Hi principessa" he smile placing the McDonald's bag on the bed

"Hi! How- Luca i said sneak in with it. What if they saw you?" He's unbelievable, i dont wanna get in trouble here. Especially with my birth giver.

He look at me amused "Relax bella, would you? Now eat stop stressing" he says sitting on the chair next to me,

I smile reaching for the bag "Thank you! Thank you!" I say happily taking out my fries i hand him the bag "eat the burger. I just wanted fries"

"Did you eat?" He ask

"If we count hospital food as food. Then yeah i did" i say munching on my fries, he chuckles and start eating the burger. The door open revealing my mom, and i'm like a deer caught in headlights.

"Hi peach. Eating fries?" She says, coming closer to me not on Luca's side. Is she not gonna greet him?

"Hi mom. Yeah and i'm sorry, i was just craving for them. And i'm so tired of the food here. I'm really so-"

"Peach... i know" she says putting her hands inside her coat pockets.

"You know? How?" Oh my god, please dont tell there are cameras in here.

"I asked the permission from her" Luca says, i turn to him raising my left brow. He nods, so thats the reason why mom didn't greet him. They secretly met.

"Thanks" i thank him before shifting my gaze back to my grinning mom, i give her a puzzle look mouthing 'what?' She just shake her head

"Let me check you up quick quick" she says i nod. She check me up like she said 'quick quick', and then she writes something on the clipboard.

"How is it?" I ask referring to my abdominal problem, she frowns but quickly cover it with a small smile.

"Stop stressing about it peach. It will be okay, you will be okay, yeah?" I nod, she kiss my cheek before walking out of the door. I huff.

Luca and i need to talk.

I turn to him, he's already looking at me with his usual emotionless face "We need to talk" i say breaking the eye contact.

"I know. Go ahead, ask"

"What happened all these past years?" I ask wanting him to tell me what really happened. Because its clear that i know nothing, nothing.

"When i was seven about to turn eight, my family moved to my father's hometown Sicily in Italy. I didn't know that we would move in a sudden like that, on these other night my father told me and my sister that we're leaving. I couldn’t understand what was going on, i asked my mother why we were leaving and she said 'Listen my boy, you and your sister are going with your father and he will keep you guys will be safe. We dont want the badboys to get you, now do we?'. That what she said, badboys were coming for us" he explains, i keep quiet not wanting to disturb him.

He continues "So yeah, we moved and stayed for almost five years. My- my sister didn't want to stay there, because of some reason. So we had to move back here, i was thirteen that time. After some few months that very same year, Andriano's family wanted my sister to marry one of the brothers, Marcello. She didn't want to, they decided killed her" he looks down, i reach for his hand and hold it.