Chapter 24

LUCIANO

I'm in my room thinking about those bastards, who dared to touch what's mine. They dared to put their dirty hands on her body. I snatch my phone on the nightstand and call Marco.

"Hello?"
He answer after few rings.

"Marco, i want you to send people to keep tabs on Andriano and his people. They are messing with me" i say angrily not at Marco but at the fuckers.

"What did that fool do now?"
Marco ask huffing like he's bored.

"He dared to touch what's mine and you know what happens when you touch whats rightfully mine" i say chuckling humorlessly.

"He touched who?"
Marco ask knowingly. They know about Leilani but not all of them, only the ones that live in the main house of the warehouse. I trust them and i know i can count on them.

"Thats none of you business, Marco" i say

Marco laughs loudly before saying,
"Okay capo. Just so you know, I'm only doing this to keep the bosslady safe not for you"
He says

"Right. Thanks for reminding me how much you hate me. I'll keep that in mind cause i tend to forget" i say holding a laugh. He crack up laughing,

"Can i go back to work, your highness?"
He says, you can hear the sarcasm from miles away. I chuckle.

"Of course you can" i say and click the end button before he does. I trust Marco and that's the reason why i made him the head of guards and security. He's kinda older than me but we have a great bond. A knock on my bedroom door disturbe me from my thoughts,

"Luca your parents are here" Karson says peeking his head inside my room. Great. I get up and went downstairs to meet them.

"Oh here he is" nonna says as i'm descending the stairs. Mom pull me in a hug.

"Hello my boy" she greets softly
"Mamma" i greet back pulling away from her tight embrace, i missed her hugs and her lovely scent. I turn and look at my father, i remember mom's words.

He needs you and you need him, you need each other.

I pull him in a bro hug, its been long since i've seen him in person, we only communicate on the phone calls.

"Ciao padre" (hi father)

"Ciao figlio" (hi son) he says as we pull away from the each other. He pats my shoulder,

"How are you?" He ask going to his office, Karson and i follow him in there leaving mom and nonna to chat just like they always do.

"I'm good father. How about you?" I ask in reply

"I'm also good. Matteo you have grown so much, eh" he says looking at Karson. My father and mother calls him by his second name but only when his father's not around, so that they wont confuse them because his father is also Matteo.

Karson laughs "We cant stay young uncle, we have to grow" he says taking a seat on the couch putting his legs up on the armrest.

"True" my father nods. "How's the business going Luciano" he ask.

"Same old, same old" i reply looking out of the window, seeing the guards walking around the yard.
"The shipment you sent didn't arrive safely" i add.

"And you're telling me this right now!?" He ask furious looking between Karson and me.

"Thats because we got it back" i say calmy not wanting to fight him, like mom said.

"You did?" He ask. I nod. "Good. You're showing me that you'll be able to handle the businesses well when i step down" he says.

"You are already 18 and you're capable of ruling in this under world. You just need a person who will help you rule this world. The person who you trust enough to be your right hand man" he explains. I nod because i know who's the right person for the position, but he doesnt know that i will choose him.