Chapter 34

LEILANI.

"I'm so happy"

"That, i'm aware of" Zan says as we're walking out of the hospital.

Its Thursday today and I'm discharged, I'm so happy because i will get to eat nice food and i'll get to sleep on my comfortable bed.

"Can we pass at Andinnas?" I ask as we are driving off the hospital. I want ice cream so bad and i want to see Aurora, its been forever.

"Nope" Zan says popping the 'p'. My jaw drop, did he just decline to go to Andinnas.

"Zan please, please, please" i plead doing the puppy dog eyes, they always work.

He shake his head "i will take you on Saturday, i have work to do. Sorry" he says

"Oh its okay. Zan can i ask you a question?" I've been willing to ask him this. He nods "You're seeing someone?" I ask,

"W-what?"

"Are you seeing someone? I mean its not a bad thing you know. You have to, eventually... And no you're not replacing Liv" i stated softly. Ever since Zan's past girlfriend Liv died, he's been scared to find someone else because he feels like he's replacing her.

"I know" he nods as he's curving to our street "her name is Amelia" he add while parking the car in the driveway.

"Nice. When do i get to meet her?" I smile, wiggling my brows. Its sad because i didn't get to meet Liv, all i know is her soft voice and laughter. She really was a nice person.

"Soon" he wink and we went out of the car and walk to the house. We find mom sitting in the living room watching whatever that is playing on the TV.

"Hi mom" i greet sitting next to her.

"Hey peach. How are you?" She ask lowing down the volume.

"Good good" i say, you can tell there's a little tension between us. Well you see, we kinda spoke about the issue. Mafia, the word scares the duck out of me.

"Are you still mad, peach?" She ask frowning.

I shake my head "I was never mad, mom. Its just that... why didn't you tell me?" I ask

"Peach...  he said we should not to tell you, he will do it himself and he did, didn't he? You know when they kidnapped you he went crazy like crazy. Then he and his people found you and it broke him to see you like that, he wanted to be with you 24/7. He wanted you to wake up but you wouldn't, he was always there, always with you. He wouldn't want to go to school, i had to force him because i know his mother tried but it was pointless. I had to tell him that if he's not going to school then he's not allowed to see you. And that worked but immediately it hit after-school, he was there 'til late. He was scared to tell you about his family business, he thought maybe you will hate him and whatnot. I told him he should tell you, your friendship shouldn't be build up by secrets " she explains

"I'm sorry mom" i apologize

"For what?" She ask

"Everything. I went judge judy on you, I'm sorry" i blink the tears away. Now its not the time to cry.

She giggles hugging me "Judge Judy?" She ask between the giggles. I nod smiling, laying my head on her lap. "Its okay my peach" she plays with my hair.

"I'm sorry too" a voice that belongs to my brother says, his footsteps come closer "For everything, I can tell that he really cares for you. I mean, he protected you from that lunatic Hailey" Zan says opening his arms for a hug, i stand up and hug him.

"I forgive you" i say flicking his forehead.

"Ouch! That hurt" he rubs the spot, i laugh and walk away.