Chapter 3

The next day at school was exactly as the first. Until my sixth-hour class. I guess that teacher just had a stick up his ass that day or something. I wasn't listening, or paying attention, or I was falling asleep, or something. I didn't really bother listening to what was coming out of his mouth as he scolded me until he brought up detention. 

Fuck. It was the second day of school and I had already gotten detention. Who even did that? 

Me, that's who. 

"Fuck, my mom's gonna be pissed," I mumbled to myself as I sunk down in my seat. My mood lifted slightly as I realized that she would have no idea as long as I didn't tell her. She wouldn't be home until at least seven that night anyway. I could actually get away with it. 

When school finally ended, I made my way to the room where I was told detention would be. I stopped in my tracks when I recognized nearly everyone in the room, besides the teacher. 

It was the three boys that had stopped me from face-planting on the first day, including the smoking hot redhead, and then my, somehow equally hot, neighbor, Katsuki Bakugou. Great, they were all friends. Another reason for me to steer clear of them. 

"Oh! Newbie! Newbie's here!" The energetic blond said, drawing everyone's eyes to me. 

I made eye contact with Bakugou and he smirked at me. "Hey Deku, taking this whole stalking thing to a new level, huh?" 

I instantly rolled my eyes, like it was an automated response every time he talked. "I'm not stalking- Wait, what the hell did you just call me?" I asked. 

"Mr. Midoriya, take a seat," the teacher said, cutting off our conversation. 

I almost retorted, but stopped myself, choosing a seat in the back corner, opposite of where the emo squad sat. With any luck, detention here would be familiar, the teacher falling asleep or running off early. Then I could fuck off until I could head home. 

Unfortunately, it was half an hour in and the teacher was still very much present and alert. He'd already yelled at the blond and redhead multiple times to essentially shut the fuck up but in a much more censored manner. I was worried I'd be stuck here with no music, no sleep, and no distractions for the full two hours when the bubblegum-haired girl came marching in. 

"Sir, I need my boys!" She announced. I looked between her, the very tired-looking teacher, and the boys in question. They were suddenly all watching the exchange with attentiveness I wasn't aware they possessed. They were up to something, I knew that sudden shift anywhere. 

"Ms. Ashido, we've talked about this. You can't just barge in-" 

"But sir-" she cut him off, maneuvering herself to the very front of his desk. "We need to practice. We only have so many hours in the day where we won't get noise complaints. I need them now."

The teacher stood from his desk, walking around his desk to talk to her face to face. "You cannot just walk in here and make demands. Keep this behavior up and I'll be seeing you here tomorrow," he threatened. 

She threw her hands into the air, starting to pace on the other side of the room, the teacher following. His back was now completely turned to us, and I saw the look she flashed at the boys. With a quietness I haven't seen since Shinsou tried to steal an extra ice cream last year from under the lunch ladies' noses, the boys got up and started creeping for the door. I didn't have time to think through my options when I was being dragged along by the redhead of the group. Awe, is he trying to save me from detention? Holy shit, did I just get butterflies? What the hell is this?

Once we made it to the door, they all froze and looked over their shoulders. 

"Well, like always sir, this has been an insanely useless conversation. See you tomorrow," she waved and the boys walked out.